• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting Daz Studio on old computer????

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I am trying to figure out why Daz Studio will not run on my old computer. I did uninstall it as it will not open. The error I got was something about OpenGL or OpenCL.
It is a computer that is better than nothing type thing. It has windows on it. The issue is that it is not the version of windows that came with the computer. It has an xp sticker on it, but I am using a newer version. The video card does not have any drivers I can find for the version of Windows I have. I have not nor want to downgrade back to XP
Is there a way to force a driver for an old version of windows onto the newer windows or am I stuck without Daz Studio until one day I get a better computer?

Jay Versluis

Admirable
Which version of Windows do you have? And what are the computer specs? You can find out by searching for System Information on your machine.

The video card may indeed have a driver update available - if only we knew which card you had and what driver is currently installed. Try this:
  • click on Start, then Run
  • in the box that appears, type dxdiag
  • this will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tools
  • see if you can find the card, or paste the info here, I'll take a look

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
As it turned out having 7 on the netbook allowed me to have better video drivers. I am able to start Daz Studio but have not done much else with it. I need to install content and stuff to make sure it works.