• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Free Webinar on Poser's Physical Surface Root Node

Nerd3D

Motivated
Contributing Artist
If SuperFly and Cycles and its nodes are more then you want to deal with then the Physical root node is for you. This webinar we help you unlock the power of the SuperFly render engine with the Physical surface node. We will explore what all the inputs of the node do, when and how to use them. Then We'll set up some simple realistic materials using this nodes power of simplicity. Finally we cover differences to expect when rendering these materials in different render engines. As always we'll save some time for questions and answers at the end.

This free event will begin September 20, 2016 11AM PDT, 2PM EDT. Sign up now seats are limited.
Poser Webinars - Smith Micro

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Oh I so need to do this webinar, but weekends are tough for me.. Will think on it over this weekend!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Me too! I've already got one Webinar booked for an Esha tutorial on rigging in DS. I'm going to have to check the times to see if I can do both.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, this sounds very interesting. Now to see if I'm going to be available that day.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Do you know that's interesting Miss B because Esha's tutorial reads Saturday 20th too and I didn't realise. It's okay because it will be during the holidays but I hadn't thought to check.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh, what time is her webinar. I remember you mentioning you were going to attend, but I don't recall the start time.

Will you be able to attend both?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL I saw September and "read" Saturday- will have to sign up for this now for sure!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Just did:) Thanks Charles!!! Looking forward to it! Love Superfly and need to learn soooooo much more about it!!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Charles- question- probably best to have the webinar running on one monitor and Poser 11 open on another?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmmm, since I only have one monitor, I wonder if I should run the webinar on my tablet. Hmmmmm . . . . .

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Ohhhh, what time is her webinar. I remember you mentioning you were going to attend, but I don't recall the start time.

Will you be able to attend both?
Yep...one more week to go and I'm on holidays so I can attend all three that I booked. Esha's is a two part one and also Pauls.
Start Time: 20:00 BST (London)/12:00 PDT (Los Angeles)/15:00 EDT (New York)
The second one is the next day but the same time.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, that's at 3:00pm my time, so right after this free webinar. That should keep you busy all weekend trying out what you learn during the webinars. :D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Cool...thanks for working out the time. Means it will probably be early morning here if I remember what that converted to correctly. I'm so bad at converting times I always get it mixed up. So I should be able to register!

Just registered it had a conversion time thing on there which comes out at 4am which is roughly what I thought it would do. Oh well good thing I'm on holidays as it will be very early Wednesday morning here.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Lots of coffee I suspect Miss B...lots of coffee! The hard part will be getting up at that time. Might be easier to stay up all night! lol...

eclark1894

Visionary
Middle of the day for me and I'll be at work. Guess I'll have to wait until the video comes out. Wonder if Nerd will take questions before hand?