• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Face Gen for Hivewire figures

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
I don't see any thread on this yet, has anyone tried the new Face Gen on Dusk? Would you post your work flow if you got it to work on him?
It would be a great way to get more morphs in the Hivewire gene pool...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I think if you get the one that's sold directly from the FaceGen site there is a way to set up your own meshes. It's got allot to do with the UV's ... I read through the tutorial but just seemed too much work and time which I have little of right now so I passed on that idea! lol

FaceGen Products

scatha

Adventurous
$69 for the cheapest version with no guarantee it'll work is a large risk, as it only lists the DAZ Genesis figures on the site. ($139 if you want Genesis 3 support)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hmmm...I've not played with it before. It might be worth contacting the creator and asking him if it's possible. Can't afford it right now though so it will have to wait.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
@RAMWolff :
Hi,

Seems your only supporting DAZ figures in the Genesis line... might be smart to add in lesser figures bases like Hivewire's Dawn and Dusk too. You may get a sale or two but cash is cash these days!

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Richard

@FaceGen:
Hello Richard,

Thanks very much for your message, and your interest in FaceGen.

I will forward your FaceGen Artist feedback to our developers.

In the meantime, if you have any further comments or questions about FaceGen, please message me at your earliest convenience.

Best wishes,

Michael

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I downloaded the demo for Genesis to see if it's possible to use with Dawn or Dusk. I only downloaded the Genesis 1 & 2 version as I thought it more likely to work. If that doesn't work I'll try the full version.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Since its now being sold at Daz I don't think they'll add other figures but who knows :)

I think if you get the one that's sold directly from the FaceGen site there is a way to set up your own meshes. It's got allot to do with the UV's ... I read through the tutorial but just seemed too much work and time which I have little of right now so I passed on that idea! lol

FaceGen Products
this might work for texture (which suck big time unless they updated since I last used it.) But it wouldn't transform the morphs would it? (that would be the main thing I'd want) :)

Oh the face on my avatar is using facegen on G3F. I still had to tweak it a lot to look more like me and the only bit of the facegen texture I used was to get the correct area for freckles/marks etc, I found a G3F texture that was closest to my skin tone.

Last edited:

scatha

Adventurous
@RAMWolff :
Hi,

Seems your only supporting DAZ figures in the Genesis line... might be smart to add in lesser figures bases like Hivewire's Dawn and Dusk too. You may get a sale or two but cash is cash these days!

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Richard

@FaceGen:
Hello Richard,

Thanks very much for your message, and your interest in FaceGen.

I will forward your FaceGen Artist feedback to our developers.

In the meantime, if you have any further comments or questions about FaceGen, please message me at your earliest convenience.

Best wishes,

Michael

dawn, dusk, V4 is still commonly used too....

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
as is M4 but I think I was mainly wanting to see if there was a positive possibility for Dawn and Dusk to which the reply was they were going to pass that one to the developers. *fingers crossed*

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Adding to my post above, I just looked at the site again (I haven't for ages) and for custom mesh you need to have the FaceGen Modeller "Dev Pack" version to do that RAM (the $1999 one o_O). The FaceGen Artist one for $69 will do Genesis and G2F/M and the one for $139 will do G3F/M as well as the other 2.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I had a play with the one that exports to genesis, unfortunately it only has the three genesis figures, Genesis 1, 2F and 2M.
That one would work for Dawn if they had a preset as it's the same type of set up. I also emailed them about support for Hivewire. There used to be a plug in that could export and import the files to DS which would have provided more freedom. I'm not sure why they have limited it to the Genesis figures actually.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hmmm...I would think if they had a plug in that would do them all it would give Face Gen more sales not less, but Daz might prefer it that way...however that is speculation on my part.

I got a response from Facegen and they said they would add it to their requests. I would buy it if I could use it with other figures. I also asked if there is any way to create your own presets with the full version. I'd be quite happy to save up a bit longer and buy it if you could. I could also use it to create stuff for elder scrolls games...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I wouldn't have thought that they would have that much say over a program like facegen...lots of people buy it for using with games also, however as the cheaper version is aimed at DS users I could see them being willing to tailor that to a certain extent. I know that Daz seems to be heading that way and expecting a closed market...I'm just not sure they have the leverage to get a company like facegen to do that...

scatha

Adventurous
Actually, it's in the contracts with their vendors these days and they do not play nice....