• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dusk Texture Has Gone Whacko in PP 11--Any Ideas?

RobZhena

Adventurous
Dusk's base texture has gone totally strange since I moved to Poser Pro 11. The odd thing is that if I apply character skins, they look normal. Does anyone have any idea why this is?

Dusk.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
How does it render? I don't have P11 yet but some of my Diva testers said it looked funny in the workspace but rendered beautifully for Superfly renders...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Well that's the extent of my knowledge as I don't have the latest edition of Poser. Hopefully someone will drop by who knows more than I do...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Rob, I happen to have PP11 open at the moment, so is that a FireFly render or a SuperFly render?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B...I did message Alisa but I know that she's not 100% at the moment so may not be checking the forums as frequently.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
As far as I know the base Dusk Textures haven't been updated yet to Superfly. I've had no problem rendering the base Dusk textures in P11 using Firefly.
I did just update my Rodrigo textures for Dusk to Superfly and Iray FWIW.

Miss B

CV-BEE
True, and I don't think EZSkin3 has a base setup for Dusk yet, so you have to make your own and then play with it.

I suspect the OP's problem isn't the skin so much as the weirdness of how it's rendering, as if there's a mesh problem.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
What you are showing is the display. How does it render? None of that has anything to do with Superfly/Firefly/EZSkin.

From what I can see your display settings have the normal maps completely messed up.

But, without seeing a render, I'm guessing.

That's also not the P11 Construct which loads by default, so you changed some display settings?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Good points Traci.

I just did 2 renders, 1 FireFly and 1 SuperFly, and they're both fine, except of course the SuperFly render is too shiny because I didn't take the lights out of the scene.

Dusk-PP11-FireFly.jpg

Dusk-PP11-SuperFly.jpg

Oh and I'm not seeing anything like that in Preview mode either.

RobZhena

Adventurous
OK, I'm completely embarrassed. This time it rendered fine in Firefly despite still looking wonky in preview. I'm mystefied. Thanks for all the responses.

Dusk Firefly.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh, it's not the first time that something looked completely weird and relaunching Poser fixed that weirdness. I sometimes get gumby figures which freak me out. But then I close Poser and relaunch and everything is as it should be.

Applications just do wonky things sometimes.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
True, and I don't think EZSkin3 has a base setup for Dusk yet, so you have to make your own and then play with it.

I suspect the OP's problem isn't the skin so much as the weirdness of how it's rendering, as if there's a mesh problem.

You can use Dawn's settings in EZSkin3 for Dusk no problem. After you do it the first time, it'll just automatically detect Dusk as a 'Dawn type' figure.