• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

ShvrDavid

Motivated
I was hoping to be able to help develop Dawn 2. Never heard much after I asked about it. Asked about testing to people supposedly in the know, crickets... And now I read that since the overwhelming things I have done for Poser were freebies and I only ever had stores on sites long since gone, I probably will not be eligible. Typical...

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
was hoping to be able to help develop Dawn 2.
Dawn 2 is not an open source project so the development was strictly internal only for the last 3 years and is closed already .

And now I read that since the overwhelming things I have done for Poser were freebies and I only ever had stores on sites long since gone, I probably will not be eligible.
Dawn2 is a commercial product and not a freebie so you need to be a vendor to be able to be eligible for early bird package.
Freebie creations are not part of it at this time , but welcome after the official release .

Sorry @ShvrDavid , that are the new guidelines.

ShvrDavid

Motivated
I will just have to wait until it is available. Then write the SR1 template... again... How soon the people that helped freely in the past are cast aside. Who will be cast aside for Dawn 3? Time will tell... I miss Lisa...

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I will just have to wait until it is available. Then write the SR1 template... again... How soon the people that helped freely in the past are cast aside. Who will be cast aside for Dawn 3? Time will tell... I miss Lisa...
Sorry but I am confused by your comments . You did not helped with anything for the last 3 years so what makes you believe you are entitled to a copy of a brand new product you have nothing to do with and on top being pretty rude ?
The new Guidelines are for everyone no exceptions.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
ShvrDavid - Your last post, as well as parts of the one before, are both uncalled for and insulting. Frankly, I think you owe HiveWire (and particularly Paul) an apology for implying that you are going to have to redo the Poser version of Dawn 2 (a figure you've not even seen) in an SR1 release.

No one has been "cast aside". I know you gave some valuable input for the Poser version of Dawn SR1 (the versions prior to Dawn SR2 and Dawn Special Edition), as did others. You were thanked for that PUBLICLY in the ReadMe at the time, and you were also given a free copy of Dawn SE (by me) when you asked for one, as a show of appreciation for that input, back in 2015.

If you want a free copy of Dawn 2 for creating commercial products, that's quite do-able. Become a vendor at Renderosity and commit to the terms that will be required (which include creating at least one product for sale, as Cath said). Jenn at Renderosity will be able to give you more info when it's available.

And we miss Lisa, too, believe me. But I have to tell you - that comment, in the context of the rest of that post, doesn't come across as missing Lisa so much as it comes across as an insult to the rest of us.

ShvrDavid

Motivated
Alisa, I did not mean to insult, but if you or anyone else took it that way so be it. That would say more about the people that took it as insulting than anything. FYI, I was told I would be included in Dawn 2 years ago, and that never happened. No response to asking after it started, etc. I asked repeatedly, crickets. How polite is that? And yes, I do miss Lisa. She responded to emails. You don't have to believe that either. If any this offends anyone, feel free to delete my account here...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
IS she close? Rosity hasn't had any new products posted this past couple of days! Esp in the New Poser area.

randym77

Motivated
FWIW, Jenn said at Rosity today that Dawn 2 hasn't been submitted yet. They're waiting like the rest of us.

Which I guess means the mystery unimesh Poser 13 figure isn't Dawn 2.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
FWIW, Jenn said at Rosity today that Dawn 2 hasn't been submitted yet.
Dawn 2 Vendor Dev Kit passed all internal testing yesterday and I am finishing doing additional supporting elements so it should be ready by the end of next week if everything runs as planned without any glitches in the process or maybe even early . Sorry guys I have lots of stuff on my plate at this moment but I do my best .
You will be informed later by Jenn about the rest of stuff as it is not a public information to be shared and strictly business between vendors only . ;)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Which I guess means the mystery unimesh Poser 13 figure isn't Dawn 2.
I don't think why someone may thinking it was. I certainly would not have the desire to wait for Poser13 to finish all my backlog stuff I prepared for Dawn 2 .. no way Jose! :rolleyes:
I can't wait to get back to my own stuff and finish it as well .. It is going to be excited winter season! And very creative for all of us here ! :applause:

And when Poser13 is ready for it's release even more so !