• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

D-Force for Dawn

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Translating several of my Dawn products to DAZ Studio and D-Force.

The first two projects, D-Force Skirts for Dawn and D-Force Sweater Vest for Dawn

dforceskirts.jpg

dforcesweatervest.jpg

DanaTA

Distinguished
Looking good! I like the way dForce works, but I haven't tried it. I don't know if my computer can handle it well. It's old now. I'm not sure if it will handle DS at all anymore. Well, maybe if I stick to 3Dlite. I've done very little with iray, and I've done nothing in the past year. Too much going on in life, haven't spent time on any of my few hobbies.

Dana

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea, D'Force is easy to use compared to the dynamics engine in Poser. My findings anyway. Looks great!

DanaTA

Distinguished
I have a new setup since I last posted. Iray is pretty fast now. I still haven't tried dForce items yet, though. I have a lot of dForce things, some from other stores than DAZ, even. Some were free, some were big sales at DAZ. Time and inspiration are the things holding me back now. Money, well, that's always a problem these days.

Dana

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
@DanaTA you don't need dforce specific items. In the simulation tab, top right hand corner is a menu that if you click on allows you to add a dforce modifier. You can turn any mesh into dforce. That said it doesn't always work well. It can take a bit of playing to get a mesh to work nicely.

DanaTA

Distinguished
@DanaTA you don't need dforce specific items. In the simulation tab, top right hand corner is a menu that if you click on allows you to add a dforce modifier. You can turn any mesh into dforce. That said it doesn't always work well. It can take a bit of playing to get a mesh to work nicely.
Haven't really worked with it at all. So, I'll try a few things that were made for it before I try messing with conversions. DAZ|Studio seems like a totally new animal to me. It may take a while to get up and running again. And I find those spaghetti things in Iray a bit scary. Like I used to feel whenever I saw discussions of the Poser equivalent.

Dana

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
They aren't really conversions. It's a modifier added, like one might add a smoothing modifier.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Having played with dforce it needs a bit of fiddly with the settings so all good Sunfire.

Dana, I suggest using animated simulations as you'll get less collision issues. I normally use 30 frames and apply the pose on frame 15.

DanaTA

Distinguished
They aren't really conversions. It's a modifier added, like one might add a smoothing modifier.
Yeah, I've never done that, either. Wouldn't know where to start. Like I said, it's been a while and it will take some time to get to know the new DS.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Having played with dforce it needs a bit of fiddly with the settings so all good Sunfire.

Dana, I suggest using animated simulations as you'll get less collision issues. I normally use 30 frames and apply the pose on frame 15.
Thanks. I've seen that suggestion elsewhere, too.

Dana

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You can't get the swirl of a skirt with the static pose, though learning how to animate if you need to have your figure interact with other items, can be trying. Or at least I found them so.
g8dforceskirtsmainsm.jpg