• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
On Page 81 of this thread there is a coat color that is very similar to the Rose-gray, except for the black coloring on the legs. However it is a match for the color of the Arabian mare that once graced my pasture. Her mane & tail were grey. I love the color of the hair on your links too. I have photographed horses that were that color. You should be able to match it with the hair colors that come with Laurie's liver chestnut.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
On Page 81 of this thread there is a coat color that is very similar to the Rose-gray, except for the black coloring on the legs. However it is a match for the color of the Arabian mare that once graced my pasture. Her mane & tail were grey. I love the color of the hair on your links too. I have photographed horses that were that color. You should be able to match it with the hair colors that come with Laurie's liver chestnut.
Yes, love that color, but a little lighter and no grey on the legs. Beautiful textures I can also see some of the darker ones possibly matching with the Liver Chestnut mane and tale. Kind of more like image 4 sort of a ....... pastel grayish pink gold in the links, but still all are beautiful! Sort of strawberry roanish/rose grey
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.co...c3689--strawberry-roan-horse-strawberries.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/f3/b2/93/f3b29304449590e9c8b9c108ac9f407f.jpg

Last edited:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist

Hmm... maybe... these are really greys- the rosy is a very subtle rose grey. But yeah my Liver Chestnut manes and tails could be interesting with these greys:)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
LOL which image? Everything I make is available as a print. Just ask:)

There is a good chance that set will be on heavy sale sometime this month- it's Daz's big PA sale time. I grabbed it during their March Madness PA sale.
I will for sure have to keep an eye on it! Hoping to get a chance to use the new tiger textures soon as beta testing is done and promo images for FFII.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I have a new “kid”! I adopted a lion! His name is Gus and he lives now at the Wild Animal Sanctuary here in Colorado. I picked him to adopt because he was a surrender from the first place I ever saw a lion in person when I was a little kid (I was TOTALLY obsessed by lions then, not horses:)- Parc Safari in Quebec, Canada. Back then they had just opened and it is one of the drive through safari parks-you stay in your car and drive through their large wide open habitat.

Gus: Parc Safari Surrender--Male Lion, Gus, was born at the Toronto Zoo along with three brothers but then ended up at a drive-thru Parc Safari located near Montreal, Canada. After about 4 years, the facility determined it was no longer able to provide the best home possible for Gus due to conflicts with the other Lions. At such time The Wild Animal Sanctuary was contacted about taking-in this Lion and two Wolves in a similar situation. The Sanctuary agreed to provide a lifelong home for all of them, and after a cross-country trek these Canadian residents became United States citizens! Gus will now become the nucleus of a new Lion Pride where he can reign as king.

GusTheLion.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
His muzzle us just adorable. I feel a little guilty for calling a LION adorable, since there is a blatant reason why they are called the "king" in the food chain, but this photo gives me the impression of such a gentle face - though I doubt that's the nature of lions. In dad's kennel, we have raised almost 150 German Sheppards, so I grew up grabbing and petting them whenever I wanted. How approachable is a lion to petting? Is that even possible?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Actually the reason Gus was surrendered to the Wild Animal Sanctuary is because his 3 brothers started beating him up at Parc Safari! Poor guy! So what WAS is doing is slowly introducing him to two lionesses that were rescues from Mexico and they will eventually be their own pride there. Mia was at a zoo there that experienced an earthquake that destroyed the zoo and she was injured. Nala was rescued from the infamous Tijuana Zoo.

Here is a pic of Nala and Mia.
MiaNala.jpg

Lions are still lions and I imagine trying to pet them is a poor idea in general:) However! check out the "Lion Whisperer", Kevin Richardson at his sanctuary in South Africa. The Lion Whisperer

I follow his YouTube channel- that way I get both my Africa and lion fixes in one go:)