• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CatsEyes for Sora

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Finished the base textures (diffuse and bump) for CatsEyes. The eyes still need some tweaking, and next I will start working on the makeup options. These shaders support Firefly and Superfly. This character for Sora is starting to take shape. This is a plain Firefly render. ^^

I came up with a method to allow people to change her eyeliner color by just picking a diffuse color. No texture tweaking needed, and this will work with all Poser versions. In other words, this black eyeliner is NOT in the textures. :)

CatsEyes Materials_1024.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
CatsEyes is my upcoming character for Sora. I have finished the face and body morphs, and also the textures (diffuse and bump). Still missing the makeup options, and correcting the facial expression morphs. This last part will have to wait, since Sora's expressions are not done yet.

NewTexture_1024.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Finished her eye textures. I think it's MUCH better than the starting point. The reflection highlights are from scene lights - they are not in the texture. I think the black eyeliner giver her eyes a whole different effect. Remember the eyeliner is not in the face texture, and its color is customizeable. Working on the makeup presets now.

CatsEyes_EyesTexturesFinal.jpg

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Very nice so far Ken. I like that the reflections aren't baked into the eye textures. I really dislike those. They don't look all that natural.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Miss B! Some people prefer to have the fake reflection if they don't use PBR. But even in those cases, we can still have nice reflections by simply putting something in front of the model to have something to reflect. The problem is when the default materials don't have it setup to have any reflections at all. That seems to be quite common, even from great-looking characters. That's when fake reflections come handy, when people don't know or want to fix the materials and setup a scene to have something to reflect.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
All true Ken. I usually have a nice light source in front of my characters, but I probably should get used to using a dome with HDR lights to get better reflections in FireFly.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Domes are good for global illumination, which is more suited for outdoor scenes than portraits. We can still use them, but the scene tends to get a bit flat and needs more lights to add some contrast and highlights. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Progress with the materials. All CatsEyes materials support both Firefly and Superfly.

** EZ-Materials: change the color for eyes, lipstick and nail polish by simply picking a color of your choice, and all textures automatically follow!

Makeup Presets:
* 6 eye colors (EZ-Mat)
* 8 eyeshadows
* 6 lipsticks (EZ-Mat)
* 6 nail polishes (EZ-Mat)
* Default black eyeliner can be changed to any color, or removed. (EZ-Mat)
* Bonus extra eyeliner. (EZ-Mat)

MakeUp_Sample.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you for the feedback! I guess I should call it a "mini blouse"? I am not sure what those things are called. :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
From the back it kinda looks like a bolero jacket but from the front a crop top.

I love it! (I can see it looking extra cute with my kitty textures :D)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Rae134 people loved your kitty textures at DeviantArt. It has been getting a hundred views a day, and some people asked specifically about the textures. ^^

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
:eek: Oh wow! Maybe I should think seriously about making it into a product then :p