• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Big Cat Cougar

Kre@te

Inspired
I just bought the big cat cougar and it is not loading correctly. All is see are missing files pop-ups and cubes that should be the cougar. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 267
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 262

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Try redownloading and reinstalling. The download may have been corrupt. If that doesn't work, someone who uses DS may be able to help you.

You could also try searching the forums. I need to leave for an appointment in a few minutes, otherwise, I'd do a quick search and post links.

Kre@te

Inspired
Thank you, Janet. I will install the other big cats when I get home and let you know if it works. Thank you, tparo.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums from me as well Kre@te, and please do post a render once you've got all the files installed and working. :)

Kre@te

Inspired
I purchased the big cat, installed it and now it works. So I have LAMH full version and when I apply the cougar lamh preset fur it does not look like it should. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Attachments

• Render test.jpg
    Render test.jpg
    578.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 241
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 274

Kre@te

Inspired
I know what I am doing wrong. The above setting was at 10000. It needs to be 1000000 or higher. I will post a picture of the increased amount.

Kre@te

Inspired
Here is the test render with 1 million hair strands. Even my Titan RTX video card struggled to handle so much geometry. This cat has more realism in its paw than the cats from Daz.

Attachments

• Cougar Render test.jpg
    Cougar Render test.jpg
    585.5 KB · Views: 213

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
:welcome: to the :beehive: @Kre@te

Good to see you were able to work through the issues. Nice render, too!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here is the test render with 1 million hair strands. Even my Titan RTX video card struggled to handle so much geometry. This cat has more realism in its paw than the cats from Daz.

Looks great! Welcome to the Hive!

Wow that is one whomping video card! It shouldn't even blink at LAMH stuff:) All I have is an old ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB card on my 9 year old Mac Pro Tower. The majority of animal LAMH presets do use body hair densities of 400k to 1.5 mil optimally. The more close up your image the better to use higher hair density. Far away one can get away with a lot less density, depending on lighting. But yes LAMH is resource intensive no matter what. (though I found the new strand based hair didn't render any faster for me, at least; even with pretty low hair densities, fwiw)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Wow that is one whomping video card! It shouldn't even blink at LAMH stuff:)
Actually Laurie, Poser users can't seem use the RTX cards at all, as a good many of them were begging the dev team to reconcile it with Poser 12. They all claimed they had to stick to their older TI cards.