• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Becoming nomads

GREAT! So nice to hear some good news today.

My family went through a tough situation because of teaching jobs.
Long time ago, but when my father got a job with the public schools in Calif. my parents decided it was time to buy a house.
The position was Music Teacher in the Adult education program.
Two years later Calif. ended the adult education program because of lack of enrollment.
So there we were with a new house and no income. YIKES!
But my father got a new job at an academy in North Calif. at almost twice what the adult education program paid, but still, then it was either sell the house and go through all the difficulty you're going through now, or split up our family.
Well, he took the job. Had to.
Then he found that the little music instrument repair shop in town was for sale.
So he bought the business and turned it into a music store, selling lesson books, accessories and all like that.
The store was in an old building that had the business on street level and residence above.
So he had some extra income to help cover the space and a place to live.
I was already in private school, just starting 8th grade, so my father took me out of that to save money and help run the store, and go on home schooling.
The next year I started at the academy and my four years there were some of the best of my life.
The students there were great, all spoiled brats.
This was 1964-1968 and we had the only music store in town and sponsored dances to promote the business. What a HOOT!
A near tragedy turned into a perpetual festival.

quietrob

Extraordinary
GREAT! So nice to hear some good news today.

My family went through a tough situation because of teaching jobs.
Long time ago, but when my father got a job with the public schools in Calif. my parents decided it was time to buy a house.
The position was Music Teacher in the Adult education program.
Two years later Calif. ended the adult education program because of lack of enrollment.
So there we were with a new house and no income. YIKES!
But my father got a new job at an academy in North Calif. at almost twice what the adult education program paid, but still, then it was either sell the house and go through all the difficulty you're going through now, or split up our family.
Well, he took the job. Had to.
Then he found that the little music instrument repair shop in town was for sale.
So he bought the business and turned it into a music store, selling lesson books, accessories and all like that.
The store was in an old building that had the business on street level and residence above.
So he had some extra income to help cover the space and a place to live.
I was already in private school, just starting 8th grade, so my father took me out of that to save money and help run the store, and go on home schooling.
The next year I started at the academy and my four years there were some of the best of my life.
The students there were great, all spoiled brats.
This was 1964-1968 and we had the only music store in town and sponsored dances to promote the business. What a HOOT!
A near tragedy turned into a perpetual festival.

I agree! That story is just the best! You went through some times but perservered and prospered!

Thanks y'all. We didn't get any richer at all with two residences to support.
The change took place between semesters so we weren't reduced to rags either.
But it was scary and I felt insecure for awhile. Probably part an adolescence thing.
There's always ways to make good come from new situations and I'm hoping Dakorillon and partner find some.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well, it's been a while, but thought you all should get an update. It's been a long summer, and fall, but my husband started work today. He had to go on ahead, on his motorcycle, because the clutch went out on our SUV. He is in North Dakota, and will be teaching at the high school on the Fort Burthold Reservation. We are both excited, and I can't wait to join him!

It was a harrowing 3 days for him to drive up, because of the cold and winds, it took an extra day more than he had planned. But, he got there yesterday afternoon. He only has a thick blanket to lie on, as he couldn't take the blow up mattress with him, and he only has a cup and a spoon for the kitchen. But, with a couple of weeks of work, we can begin the process of catching up. Our local church is going to try to help me get a new clutch, as that is well beyond our means, at this point.

We are excited to begin this new phase of our lives, and excited to try to learn the Hidatsa language! Once I leave out, I won't likely have internet for a while, though I'm investigating how to possibly get some hooked up for him (we don't have smart phones). But, he is in good spirits despite being sore from the long ride in high winds. And has suffered no lasting effects from riding a motorcycle in below freezing weather.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers during this time, and I hope to get back to normal work soon!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Big hugs and good fortune on your new life adventure. Check in when you can hon! HUGS
Oh I will! Thank you.
They were very excited when my husband told them that I had my cosmetology instructor's license in another state, and were wanting me to teach some courses there, too. But, have to get my license in state, first! And North Dakota is very expensive and fussy! Have to pay for and take a test and pay the exorbitant app fee, and then pay for the license.

But, it's a hopeful thing. While there is no where near by that I can work, they have said that I could sign up to substitute, which I will likely do.

Me195

Extraordinary
Well, it's been a while, but thought you all should get an update. It's been a long summer, and fall, but my husband started work today. He had to go on ahead, on his motorcycle, because the clutch went out on our SUV. He is in North Dakota, and will be teaching at the high school on the Fort Burthold Reservation. We are both excited, and I can't wait to join him!

It was a harrowing 3 days for him to drive up, because of the cold and winds, it took an extra day more than he had planned. But, he got there yesterday afternoon. He only has a thick blanket to lie on, as he couldn't take the blow up mattress with him, and he only has a cup and a spoon for the kitchen. But, with a couple of weeks of work, we can begin the process of catching up. Our local church is going to try to help me get a new clutch, as that is well beyond our means, at this point.

We are excited to begin this new phase of our lives, and excited to try to learn the Hidatsa language! Once I leave out, I won't likely have internet for a while, though I'm investigating how to possibly get some hooked up for him (we don't have smart phones). But, he is in good spirits despite being sore from the long ride in high winds. And has suffered no lasting effects from riding a motorcycle in below freezing weather.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers during this time, and I hope to get back to normal work soon!

It's good to hear that things are finally starting to come together. Great things come from humble beginnings. Hopefully the good things in life that you guys are about due will start to come faster now.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks for bringing us up-to-date Dak, and here's hoping you can get your license sooner rather than later, and that it doesn't cost "too" much. Sending good thoughts your way. :grouphug: