• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Anniemation Products at HiveWire 3D

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm American Dak, and my folks lived near a large park that had a carousel, and they had the Sleigh type "seats", but not anything like the Swans.

Of course, I moved away back in the early 70s, so I have no idea what they look like now.
I do apologize for mis-countrifying you! lol

I swear I have seen a swan somewhere...Maybe California? Now I'm going to have to go look.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
1640501235117.png

It is a thing! lol

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I'm American Dak, and my folks lived near a large park that had a carousel, and they had the Sleigh type "seats", but not anything like the Swans.

Of course, I moved away back in the early 70s, so I have no idea what they look like now.
The famous Bear Mountain Carousel in NY have the beautiful swan chariots , my favorite hiking spot in NY .

Attachments

• bearmtn.002.jpg
    bearmtn.002.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 090_31.jpeg
    090_31.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 148

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've heard of Bear Mountain State Park. I live in the City, and though I've been in a good many areas further north over the years, I don't recall ever being at Bear Mountain. BTW, those are nice Swan chariots.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I've heard of Bear Mountain State Park. I live in the City, and though I've been in a good many areas further north over the years, I don't recall ever being at Bear Mountain. BTW, those are nice Swan chariots.
I discovered it 4 years ago , so beautiful place , made tones of HDRI there , great escape from the city ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20200705_180615.jpg
    IMG_20200705_180615.jpg
    492.2 KB · Views: 164

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
What a gorgeous HDRi. I hope you don't mind, but I saved it. You will, of course, get full credit if I use it for a final render. ;)
No problem , it is just small preview , the original is 10K x 5k full 360 degree in HDR format .
Anyway if you like to use it , be my guest , ;)
Before the pandemic you could go on the lake with a small paddling boot , so romantic (no swans, they have swan chariots paddling boots on a lake in PA Delaware lol

Btw the Janet's carousel looks so much as the one in Bear Mountain NY , at last the style and of course only one I ever saw personally with a swan chariots.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I visited a couple carousels for research. The one at the Zeum in San Franciso and the one in Golden Gate Park. Two fantastic carousels. There was this sense of creep at the one at the Zeum, while taking photos I realized there's so much going on in it. Little faces carved into the horses.

Carousels (anniemation.com)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, those are unusual. I don't think I've ever seen any with faces/heads carved into them.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I visited a couple carousels for research. The one at the Zeum in San Franciso and the one in Golden Gate Park. Two fantastic carousels. There was this sense of creep at the one at the Zeum, while taking photos I realized there's so much going on in it. Little faces carved into the horses.

Carousels (anniemation.com)
The zeum Carousel looks kinda grotesque, reminds me of the gothic style what was creepy on purpose to scary off the evil and protect the good .