• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A Place to lay my head...

eclark1894

Visionary
Dawn needs to call Dusk over to do some yard work for her in the back. This is a view of the back of the house so far.

Backyard.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Odd, since both windows in the door looked fine in the render above this one.

eclark1894

Visionary
Do you have a skeleton in your closet there? LOL
You know, I feel like one of those guys who doesn't get a joke until day later, and in this case I am. That wasn't a skeleton, Richard, that was Andy. He loads by default on new scenes in Poser, and since I didn't have Dawn loaded, I just kept him instead of deleting.:oops:

eclark1894

Visionary
It was my goal to try and have the house mostly, if not all done by this weekend. That's not going to happen, but I'm still working on it. Let me ask something though. Should the fixtures like toilets, sinks, cabinets, counters and tubs be included or sold separately?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I personally would like fixtures like that included as that's what I'd expect to find in a house when I buy it. Stuff like a fridge, and furniture would be sold separately.

quietrob

Extraordinary
It was my goal to try and have the house mostly, if not all done by this weekend. That's not going to happen, but I'm still working on it. Let me ask something though. Should the fixtures like toilets, sinks, cabinets, counters and tubs be included or sold separately?

Basic Plumbing Might be installed. A sink and fridge are rather hard to find. So is a toilet. I've seen it both ways. Furniture and stuff like a fridge could be sold separately like the DAZ Dreamhouse. However, you might want to take a look at Truform's offerings as an idea. I do look for bang for my buck but don't mind paying for specialties. Mapps showerroom was done so well, I picked it up. I do appreciate Applejack giving me full furnishings. Just as long as you love what you are doing, it will turn out fine.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm . . . I think, at least for me, anything physically "attached" to the house (sink, toilet, cabinets) should be included, but anything that's only "plugged in" like a refrigerator or stove, should be packaged up as separate add-on packs. You could do one for each room if you wanted, depending on how many rooms are in the house. For instance, any furniture for the living room in one pack, furniture for the kitchen (table, chairs, etc.) could be another pack, and so on.

I think vendors who include it all charge way more than most end users can (or want to) spend, not that they're not worth every penny, mind you, it's just a matter of how much a buyer can afford.

Also, if you're planning to sell here at HW, we do have Value Stacks, so folks can buy it all with nice savings, if that's what they wanted to do.

eclark1894

Visionary
Currently putting the kitchen cabinets and sinks back in. Also the toilets and tubs and bathroom sinks and mirrors. I want the dishwasher, which Will be in the appliance package to fit under the kitchen island, so I'm having to rework those a bit. Plus I want the cabinets to have working doors.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, so the dishes can be displayed. Yes, I think that could work. Not necessarily a requirement, but I can see how that might be nice to have. Ohhh, just had a thought, though might be too much work, so take it with a grain of salt . . . what about giving the user the option to have EITHER solid wood or glass paneled doors?

If it's going to be too much work, forget it, just something that popped into my head.

eclark1894

Visionary
Hmmmm, so the dishes can be displayed. Yes, I think that could work. Not necessarily a requirement, but I can see how that might be nice to have. Ohhh, just had a thought, though might be too much work, so take it with a grain of salt . . . what about giving the user the option to have EITHER solid wood or glass paneled doors?

If it's going to be too much work, forget it, just something that popped into my head.
Let me think about it. There might be a way to do both If I can figure out how to work it with a texture set or material set up.

eclark1894

Visionary
OK, you're the boss. ;)
You don't think so? I was thinking of something like Raised panels in the doors. They'd have to have a separate material zone for the areas with glass or matching wood texture. I think I can set this up in Blender at least. Superfly and Firefly might present some challenges though.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, OK, I see what you're saying. Only the raised panel/portion would have the option to be either wood or glass. I'm thinking that would be a very nice option, and yes texturing the glass will be fun.

I'm no export in those kind of textures yet. Haven't even tried it in Blender as yet, except my one experiment of a setup I saw posted in my Blender class for the glass of a light bulb. Of course, that type of glass wouldn't be as thick as a panel in a kitchen cabinet door.