• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A Place to lay my head...

eclark1894

Visionary
Finished the garage door. What do you think?

garage door.png

eclark1894

Visionary
As I continue on, I've completed almost all of the overall details for the outside of Dawn's home. Front door and Garage doors are done and in. Windows are in. And there are three other doorways into the house... one is on the side of the garage door and it's just a plain old door, nothing special.
The other two are sliding doors. Although they don't say so in the floor plan I have, I've assumed that they are both sliding glass doors and they're in the back of the house. I'll also have to add trim and hardware on the outside of the house. Here's a quick Blender render of the house so far

Home.png

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Looks like you have the same problem I run into sometimes...you start out to make a simple piece of furniture, and before you know it you're modeling a whole city! :)

Looks good!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Really love all the work you've done on this. Windows would depend on the type your planning to do...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, I like that type of porch light. Keep up the good work Earl. ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Does the window in the door have to be the same shape as the side windows? That may be the problem you're having with the door.

eclark1894

Visionary
So I spent the night putting in the interior doors and frames. Tonight, I'm installing the bathroom fixtures in the two baths.

Home5.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, it took me all night to actually MAKE the bathroom fixtures, so I didn't actually get to install them. However, as you can see that didn't stop our girl Dawn from trying out her new bathroom fixtures.

bathtime.png