• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

5 year olds and Poser

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Had a 5 year old visitor today and they saw me playing Poser and wanted to give it a go.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, now I'm seeing 4, but there are still 4 I can't see, unless those are the same 4, which is possible.

Looks like the 5 year olds had fun. ;)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yah there's only 4. She played with resizing individual body parts. She says about the first one that she turned the cat into a hippopotamus! The animation she did was funny, it was body parts resizing and flying all over the place!

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
That is as precious as it is funny! Kids are priceless, fearless (mostly) and just a joy.

quietrob, I agree, kids are wonderful! We had a great day together too. After playing with Poser we went to Mac Donalds and had lunch, came home watched some cartoons and pulled out some old dolls I played with as a kid. BTW, she was really really proud of her Poser work!

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
It's odd how much younger the Poser and CG users are getting. In my ZBrush class, most of the students are 35-50 years old. But some are under 20 and one other person and myself are under 18. Apparently, years ago most of the learners would have been mid 20's at least. But 5 year olds has to be a record of sorts!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
LOL, it's rather fun to watch them experiment and the shapes wow I didn't know meshes could make such shapes!! LOL but it's all part of the discovery process with kids, and I've been there !! LOL

This was my result when my niece came to visit! She was five or six at the time. I think the question was do you like boys? ........... and then there was a pause......... and then she decided she wanted to use Harry and do a picture of the face she makes when boys are around.
Zoe.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Wow NA, that's an awesome picture! You should save that for her for when she gets older.

The 5 year old I was with kept having the extra window come up when she tried to change the body poses so she settled for the scales. This 5 year old goes around saying "I don't like boys!" all the time.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Wow NA, that's an awesome picture! You should save that for her for when she gets older.

The 5 year old I was with kept having the extra window come up when she tried to change the body poses so she settled for the scales. This 5 year old goes around saying "I don't like boys!" all the time.

It took quite a bit of trial and error and coaxing I will tell you for it to look this good.

Is it an age phase thing for them to not like the opposite sex?

She kept playing with the head controls on Harry and the scaling. We didn't have the extra window come up that often though, but it did on occasion when working with the body. There were some with giant bunny ears, some with crossed eyes, broken necks, and tiny noses RLOF ! We would save the scene when she was finished with one and then move on to the next. She finally settled on this one to render lol............ very long ................ tongue scale. There were several more with comically exaggerated faces, but she felt this one was the best out of them. So, I encouraged her to put a background with it using paint and a few cloud images I had from some Vue renders.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
RLOF!! Well, I didn't help all that much just showed here where things were and such, but she was on the laptop doing it in the car from the car seat and I was riding next to her.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
If they have your color sense they'll have it made in the shade! Your art is beautiful!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Awe!! ........ you are too kind!! Thank you!! and right back at you !!

I think your watercolor avatar is very cute!!