• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
There are two ways to get to the Color Palette where you can get the RGB numbers.

Click the button at the top right of the Color Picker to open the Color Palette.
upload_2018-8-11_22-18-6.png

Or hold the control key when you click the color on the PoserSurface or Node.
upload_2018-8-11_22-19-50.png

Now click Add to Custom Colors, to save the color temporarily to Custom colors.
Then you can select the Custom Color from the Color Palette
upload_2018-8-11_22-14-0.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Whoa, learn something new every day. I had no idea you could Ctrl+Click the color node. Very kewl indeed, because I find opening the color palette such a waste of time when all I want to do is copy the color.

Definitely have to make a note of that one.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I don't know anything about DS, so I can't help much there, but......

I found that creating a "Distribution" folder helped immensely.

And, while it is the folder I eventually use to create distribution zip files, I use it as the project progresses. For instance, once I get base rigging in, I copy the files from my Runtime to the Distribution folder. If I screw up, and I have many times, I have a copy so that I don't have to start from scratch. My biggest error during this phase is to forget to select the clothing item on the dropdown menu and saving the figure over the clothing! Grrrr!

Then, as I complete each major step of the process (clean up rigging, copy morphs over, create custom morphs, etc.) I copy the files over to the distribution folder again. I always have a backup copy of my files before I do something stupid like above.

Of course there are lots of steps in between, but it's a process I developed after I saved over a dress/pants/shoes one too many times to risk doing it again.

Just remember, in Windows, if your distribution folder is on the same hard drive, you have to copy & paste the files, because dragging them will move them.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I don't know anything about DS, so I can't help much there, but......

I found that creating a "Distribution" folder helped immensely.

And, while it is the folder I eventually use to create distribution zip files, I use it as the project progresses. For instance, once I get base rigging in, I copy the files from my Runtime to the Distribution folder. If I screw up, and I have many times, I have a copy so that I don't have to start from scratch. My biggest error during this phase is to forget to select the clothing item on the dropdown menu and saving the figure over the clothing! Grrrr!

Then, as I complete each major step of the process (clean up rigging, copy morphs over, create custom morphs, etc.) I copy the files over to the distribution folder again. I always have a backup copy of my files before I do something stupid like above.

Of course there are lots of steps in between, but it's a process I developed after I saved over a dress/pants/shoes one too many times to risk doing it again.

Just remember, in Windows, if your distribution folder is on the same hard drive, you have to copy & paste the files, because dragging them will move them.

For this thread Poser is welcome, too! It's just for doing better/faster work preparing for a finished project/product.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Thought I would post a screenshot of my New Project folder. I basically just copy this for each new project, deleting what I don't need.

FileStructure.png

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I started doing this, I create on folder on the c: with all the files for one product. Inside of that I have a runtime folder which I link inside Poser libraries. Also have another folder for promos and psds, whatever. Then when the product is ready I just zip up the runtime folder and it's done. It does make for quite a few entries in the Poser library.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This is what I have been doing lately, too. I put both the DS and Poser files in one folder like 3Wcomics showed above, When I'm done, I just copy it twice and delete either the Poser files or the DS files, depending on the set. It's been working better for me. I've been doing that when testing, too.

Thank you to everyone who has been adding to this thread.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This is a project grid (like it says!) That I made up for myself. You can run 6 projects at a time on it. It's a .doc, so feel free to modify to suit your own workflow. And if I'm missing something, please let me know! lol

Attachments

• Project Grid.zip
    6 KB · Views: 225