• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Reinstalling ZBrush 4R7_P3

Dove

Untitled.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
You need to install the 32 bit version also. I know that even though I use the 64 bit the program is installed in the folder with the 32 bit version. I think you need both installed for it to work.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I stopped installing apps in Program Files or Program Files (x86) when I switched from Windows XP to Windows 7.

I have two main folders at my root drive (C:\), one for 2D applications, and one for 3D applications.

If you prefer to work with the 32-bit version of ZBrush, I would uninstall and reinstall into another folder outside of Program Files (x86). That's been pretty much a rule of thumb since Windows Vista. I don't know exactly what M$ did to the operating system beginning with Vista, but it became evident it was better to NOT install any software into either of the two Program Files folders. I know there are software apps that don't give you an option of where to install, such as my Firefox and Opera browsers, and the like, but software like ZBrush, Photoshop and other similar apps shouldn't be in either of the Program Files folders.