• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Problem with uploading an animation

Red Eagle

I recently tried to upload an animation with sound. The file size was 2.2 Mb and in the notes it says that you can upload up to 10Mb max. Well, when the file was 97% complete I received a message that it was over the limit. I was forced to upload a copy without sound. Can anyone help?

Red Eagle

Yes, it was here at Hivewire and it was just on March 6th. However, I had the same problem in the past and never did upload an animation back then.
Also, there is no thumbnail for the animation it is just 3 dots.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
There are probably restrictions on file size and that here. Can you upload it to youtube then put a link in the forum? I do that all the time.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Youtube works well for me. No restrictions on size, and we can link the video so it is visible in our posts. Also there is no need to register separately for Youtube, our existing Google or Facebook logins are enough.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
There are a couple of things here in the forum where file size is set higher but the uploads are rejected for size. I have been through settings and cannot find anything amiss. Research on this suggests it's a server issue and that certain things have to be changed there which I cannot do. So, it's on the list of things that need doing and I cannot say when it will be resolved. For now, it's probably best to go the YouTube route as has been suggested.

Thank you! :)

Red Eagle

Thank you everyone for the information. My grandson has been trying to get me to open a youtube channel so I guess that's what I will do for now.

Red Eagle

I set up the animation with sound on youtube and it is now in the media gallery. Here is the link to the youtube animation: