• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser Pro 11.1 is starting to anger me!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I get a cr2 or prop or mc6 finished, ready to add to library and get a message that Poser can not load that file even though it is open and my scene saved.
Makes me have to shut Poser down and re0pen to save it...grrrr! :somad:
I've had this problem since Poser Pro 2014 as well.

Anyone else have this problem with any Poser?

Hornet3d

Wise
I have a few problems with Poser 11 but I must admit I have never experienced that one. I am new to Poser 11 but I see you state you had it with 2014 and that I used for a numbed of years and again never saw this problem.

Steve.M

Enthusiast
I have only seen an error when I have not selected the "prop" directory(to save a prop). The error:- "Warning:Cannot open {filepath}". I just select the folder in the library and save again.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Sounds like a message I have gotten when used a texture file it could not open or when i am running short of memory or if my Finder is bggered up from too much stuff open or over used without restarting....web browsers over used do that to me a lot especially going immediately into Poser for a set up right after an overlong web browsing event. But I am on a Mac so it might read that stuff differently.
I tried using that version and got so frustrated just trying to organize my work stage the way I prefer it, I got fed up and never tried opening it again.
No longer have memory or patience.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I think it is something I am doing but just haven't caught on yet.
Might be computer related as sometimes even in Photoshop it hangs when I hit a wrong key or something.

And I used to be so bright on these thing, why does getting older mess with my brain? :laugh:

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Sure understand that sentiment. God gave us all everything we would need for this journey of life. As we get closer to destination he in all his foresight and good intention, slowly begins to take it all back believing we no longer need it. One of the things he takes back is brain matter/functionality among many, many, many other functions I really see no reason mentioning.
I fought it but got so stressed I just shrug it all off and walk away telling myself the same way the fox told itself the grapes were probably sour, that whatever I can't figure out isn't worthy of my time! Good luck! ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
I get a cr2 or prop or mc6 finished, ready to add to library and get a message that Poser can not load that file even though it is open and my scene saved.
Makes me have to shut Poser down and re0pen to save it...grrrr! :somad:
I've had this problem since Poser Pro 2014 as well.

Anyone else have this problem with any Poser?
Next time this happens can you post a screen shot of the message?

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My problem seems to be the touch-pad sensitivity.
Sometimes when I think I have selected something, it isn't so Poser gives that message.
I find similar problems in Photoshop, so I've changed the settings a bit and it helped.

eclark1894

Visionary
My problem seems to be the touch-pad sensitivity.
Sometimes when I think I have selected something, it isn't so Poser gives that message.
I find similar problems in Photoshop, so I've changed the settings a bit and it helped.
I'm glad it's getting better for you.:)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Sometimes the touchpad seems unwilling to cooperate with the creation process so I just plug in a regular old mouse. More sensitive and easier to navigate. PhotoShop is more a lover of the stylus so an old wacom board is the ticket. Easier more sensitive and intuitive and more sensitive for those finer details needed to move stuff in small increments or painting....afterall touch pads and bars of soap were never best way to create. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
As soon as I save enough cash to fix my desktop I will use it again.
I have a good wireless mouse, need a wireless keyboard and a new internal hd for it.
Got a 3tb drive in my list at Amazon and it is only 125.00 so that is a good deal.
When the son-in-laws taxes get filed and back, they plan on getting me a 32 inch smart TV and my comp will use it as a monitor.
Won't have to sit at a desk to work that way, :)