• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 13 is live

Hornet3d

Wise
I posted this over at Rendo and thought I would add it here as well, just to give a heads up.

For me the purchase, download and install was no trouble. I then had a senior moment and got myself tied in knots while adding runtimes and my first attempts at rendering. All down to me and nothing to do with the program. I then thought I had a problem with textures until I realised if I started with an empty scene from the launcher it was indeed empty. Once I realised I needed to add a light my texture problem disappeared, see how confused I can get.

So now up and running. Renders are indeed very much faster and the program releases the render when complete very much quicker.

I used the Superfly GPU high for my test render that includes my character, hair with the Ghostship hair shaders and the CKV01 outfit, all of which would figure in a lot of my renders with them, all working it gets me off to a good start.
First test.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'll have to pass, funds are not available but it looks like it might be worth an upgrade if and when.

Hornet3d

Wise
Renders are certainly faster and it seems to handle previous content even though Superfly has been updated to a newer version of Cycles.

Garden Walk HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
I am really having fun with Poser 13, I think it is incredible that, by and large, they are still supporting Firefly while also making sure that the new Superfly is also back wards compatible with the earlier materials while using some of the latest advantages of Cycles. A lot of the improvements in render speeds appears to be down to a more refined Adaptive Sampling that allows the number of pixel samples to be lowered.

HR-175HW.jpg

The Dress is Nocturna by Aura Shari that I purchase back in 2017.

The room is MALiving room that is included with Poser 13 and the hair is HR-175 by Ali that I was able to buy almost entirely by the Prime reward points I received for buy Poser 13.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I have 2 major questions:
1) does anyone know if it provides an option for offline installation/authentication?
2) Can the content be downloaded separately outside the software or does it have to be downloaded and installed from within Posers library manager?

Hornet3d

Wise
I have 2 major questions:
1) does anyone know if it provides an option for offline installation/authentication?
2) Can the content be downloaded separately outside the software or does it have to be downloaded and installed from within Posers library manager

I think that offline installation might be possible but it would have to be done with the help of the support team.

You can download the zips in the normal manner and install them wherever you want, that is what I have done with most of the additional content.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I downloaded the demo to check it out and also checked for upgrade prices from Pro2012 ... alas there's none available... :oopsie:

Hornet3d

Wise
I downloaded the demo to check it out and also checked for upgrade prices from Pro2012 ... alas there's none available... :oopsie:
The only upgrade appears to be from Poser 12 which is sad and I do think they have missed an opportunity here. For users from other versions to buy into Poser 13 is expensive and few could justify the cost. On the other hand I think quite a few would consider an upgrade and this is lost revenue to Rendo.

Coming from Poser 12 my upgrade cost me $99.95 or with the currency exchange rate at the time £81.25 and I was happy to pay that considering I will possible, god willing, be using it for a few years. It also has some nice touches that makes using Poser 13 a lot slicker. I like the launcher, which you will have seen if you have the demo. I particularly like the fact that if you select a previous scene a thumbnail pops up showing the scene so you can be sure you have selected the right scene.

To me $99.95 is a no brainer for the extra capability but, good as it is, I doubt I could justify an outright purchase.

Hornet3d

Wise
Had a bit of a lull in the play when Poser 13 and my system decided not to play nicely together but today was different.

Hanger HW.jpg

This time around there are no Poser lights at all. Both the hanger and the space craft have been in my runtimes for over 7 years and I may well have spent sometime saving up for them so that gives an idea of age. I used Ken-1171_designs Go Physical script to change everything to physical with a single click and, in the case of the fuselage of the space craft, to 'make metal' with the same script. Using the physical surface I then set emissions on any lights in the hanger and displays in the space craft. Emissions appears to be very flexible in that you can push the strength way high but the colour of the light remains the same and lit surface are not blown out easily.

Hornet3d

Wise
A sanity check more than anything but i thought I would try a render created in Poser 12 in Poser 13 with no changes.

HR 153 GS 13 PSHW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Another no light set up but this has a little bit of post work on the foreground

Scavanging HW.jpg

Sphere is Terrasphere II Cities in Wastelands while the pods are Hostile Surface 1 both from Coflek-gnorg.

Hornet3d

Wise
If the location had ever been an authorised storage site, all the signs were this was no longer the case. The unit was still powered but all the signs were it was not being cared for that well and the nature of the storage was nothing short of weird. There were munitions so old that Caoimhe doubted they could be trusted and scattered all over the floors were the remains of units that had clearly been stripped for parts. It had seen better days but Caoimhe was sure should would be leaving with quad full of useful goodies.

Storage HW.jpg