• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Solved Items sold here, but purchased elsewhere prior to HiveWire

McG.

Enthusiast
OK. Not asking for support here for products purchased elsewhere. AM asking that authors help us acknowledge the fact at this site so we don't duplicate purchases. There are a few authors who have existing items here I am pretty sure I purchased elsewhere. Just wanting to make sure I don't duplicate those items.
Thank you.
McG.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
McG, I'm not sure what you are asking for............

You do realize that no one has access to the business records of another store except the owners, correct? As a former vendor at RDNA, I was notified when I had a sale, but I was not privy to what customer made the purchase, so I have no way of knowing if you purchased something there.

The only entity who has that information now is DAZ.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, McG, and welcome!

On issue is that not all items are exclusive at all stores. Understandably, stores don't want their vendors advertising "Yeah we sell this here (fill in here with whatever store it's sold at) but you can also go buy it at these other places" :).

I have been trying to note in the Product page those products that used to be at RDNA, since it's closed.

There's a thread here: Products moved to HiveWire from RDNA

eta - I'm working as I write this to update the above thread

Many products for the following were moved from DAZ 3D since these artists sell exclusively here now, but we don't have that on the product pages, so check before you purchase something:

Lisa's Botanicals
Ken Gilliland
Nerd3D

We are now having the option for people to have products from Ken Gilliland and Netherworks they purchased elsewhere put in their accounts. See the threads in this forum for details:

Product Updates

If you do purchase something and discover that you've already purchased it, we do have a 30 day money back guarantee, so you can contact support.

Hope this all helps!

McG.

Enthusiast
Hello Pendraia, Miss B, Alisa, Glitterati3D and all you lurking here and about! Thanks for the insight, I did not realize individual artists/vendors do not get a list of who buys what of their stuff. That's kinda the pits, as you have no way of knowing who has licensed your products. That seems an important bit of information, IMHO.
So yes, there are a number of folks whose stuff I have been buying over the years. Ken Gilliland, Lisa B, Nerd3D are definitely authors of fine things I have bought and happily use. I will be growing my Songbird list too. Starting that today, in fact. My Christmas present to me I guess. Heh!
Ken is a fine critter creator, and I really do like the Songbird bunch for its versatility and quality. I have gathered up all my Songbird items, downloaded the new zip formats and 'installed' all of that into a temp set and will relocate all of that after a bit of housekeeping. Herons and Woodpeckers is todays treat for me. Now, for Lisa's Botanicals, I will have to spend some time gathering up all those items. Seems I love flowers and plants. And all the Creepy Trees too. The downloaded "archives", they need to be in one spot though, and they are in several. One thing at a time, Kens Songbirds are todays effort!
Merry Christmas to you all! And for those who don't celebrate that, well then Happy Holidays!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, McG!

Happy Holidays to you, too :)

We hope to do the same thing with others' products as we are with Ken's & Joe's and put them in peoples' accounts one day.

For Ken's products, not sure if you're talking about the zips from here or from DAZ. If you haven't done so yet, you really should follow the instructions here, as many of them have been updated since being at DAZ :

Songbird Remix Product updates for products purchased at DAZ 3D

If you include your forum user name I'll know it's you when I go to create the order, otherwise I won't be able to connect your name with your forum user ID :)

Not sure if any stores give their vendors the names of the users. In any case, again, all they'd know is the person's real name, so in terms of whether someone's licensed it, they'd have no way to know by an image posted in a forum if the person bought the item.

Ken and Lisa both have new things here, too :) Chuck's (Nerd3D) not created any at this time, but we still have some more of his older products that we will be getting in the store.