• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Is it possible to Create printable 3D models in Poser?

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Is it possible to create printable 3D models in Poser? I am thinking of getting a 3D printer but was wondering if I can create 3D printable file to send to the printer I am thinking of getting. I know that there is/was a free 3D printing plugin for Daz Studio but was wondering if there is anything for Poser 11.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
If you still have ZBrush, it has one of the best and easiest to use 3D print prep & export functions. All you have to do first is pose your model in Poser, then GoZ it to ZBrush.
You will find tons of videos on Youtube showing how to prep your objects for printing in ZBrush. All I can say atm is it isn't too hard at all, in the ZBrush night course I'm taking, we are currently doing this stuff! I have made a 3D dog which is ready for my turn to print next week.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
If you still have ZBrush, it has one of the best and easiest to use 3D print prep & export functions. All you have to do first is pose your model in Poser, then GoZ it to ZBrush.
You will find tons of videos on Youtube showing how to prep your objects for printing in ZBrush. All I can say atm is it isn't too hard at all, in the ZBrush night course I'm taking, we are currently doing this stuff! I have made a 3D dog which is ready for my turn to print next week.

I am downloading it now. I forgot it was not in my One Drive but in my Google Drive back up.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The plug in for Daz it to send it to a third party to convert it to a watertight printable then they do the print.

I don't know if Poser is capable of "watertight" models?