• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Initial dome background missing

dbwalton

Inspired
I had to reinstall poser 11, and since doing so, the initial screen with Andy2 and the wireframe dome & floor are gone. Andy2 is just there against a solid background.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Never heard of this but you might try going to: Edit > General Preferences. Then click Launch to Factory scene.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
In addition to Janet's comment, try deleting the Poser.ini file, as Poser recreates it every time you boot it up.

I don't know if you're on a Mac or Windows system, but in Windows, you can find it in the following location:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Poser Pro\11\Poser.ini

If you're on a Mac system, however, I can't help you locate the file.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I don't use Poser but I do have 2012.. so I had a peek to see

Could it be this setting?
upload_2018-2-21_13-34-7.png

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
It's the same in Poser 11 Stezza. I have mine set to an empty scene as I don't like Andy, I find him creepy for some reason.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You're not the only one Bonnie. I even have the lights and Main Camera set up exactly how I want it and saved. Then I set my preferences to remember it as the preferred startup scene. I never understood why they picked Andy, when Poser has always had it's human characters. ~shakes head~

Hornet3d

Wise
Yet another one with the default screen modified, I mean how often are you going to use the default lights and/or Andy. Mine is set up with my main character and my preferred lighting using Aux camera which has presets set with camera panel plus for positions like, full length, distant, head and shoulders and so on. Poser is then set to launch with preferred screen, this set up being my preferred. Of course it never ends up like this but it is an easy way to get to a good starting point rather than the first thing you need to do is delete Andy.

eclark1894

Visionary
According to the screenshot he posted in the SM forum the default scene is loading. He is having an issue with loading a texture on the Dome, however.

Hornet3d

Wise
According to the screenshot he posted in the SM forum the default scene is loading. He is having an issue with loading a texture on the Dome, however.

Yea you are right, went off at a tangent and did not answer the question. I have a render in progress but I will look for the solution as soon as it is finished, assuming no one comes up with the answer before. I know you can turn it off because that is the first thing I did when I launched it for the first time, I just don't remember how.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
It's the same in Poser 11 Stezza. I have mine set to an empty scene as I don't like Andy, I find him creepy for some reason.

he is a bit creepy... lol

thank goodness I don't have to worry about it... and I have no idea of this dome everyone has mentioned...

carry on :lol:

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
You're not the only one Bonnie. I even have the lights and Main Camera set up exactly how I want it and saved. Then I set my preferences to remember it as the preferred startup scene.

I did the same as you Miss B. I have just one light for my preferred startup scene, and I add more if I need them.