• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HW Harry mane and Poser Superfly Renderer - Settings ?

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere but I'm stumped. How does render the HW Horse mane with Poser's Superfly renderer ? I'm afraid I don't understand Superfly. No matter how I try..Harry's mane always turns out white..regardless of the texture used - even if it's listed as a superfly texture :( Just WHICH Superfly settings have to be changed to get it looking right. See my example below
Superfly Test.png

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Wow, that's really strange. I render Harry in Superfly all the time and don't see this at all.

Can you do a screenshot of your Superfly render settings for us? Maybe we can figure out what's going on.

Just FYI, here are my typical Superfly settings. I use CPU rendering, though, so they might not apply if you are using GPU rendering.
RenderSettings.jpg

seachnasaigh

Energetic
@Freyfaxi , post a screenshot of the mane material (advanced material room, with all nodes expanded open).
One thing I can tell you immediately is that the fiery ghost effect uses one MAT setup for the "solid" parts of the horse, and a different MAT for the mane/fetlocks which are "sheets" with no "thickness". I don't know if that's part of the issue here, but in any case, I'd need to see the material setup to try making a diagnosis.

Another thing I want to see is a screenshot of the Superfly render settings. Certain effects fail if no bounces -or insufficient bounces- are used; that often causes black areas in glass objects, etc.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
If the mane material is this...
Harry mane 01.jpg
then we'll concentrate on render settings. Because this uses refraction, you'll need some transmission bounces; it also uses transparency, so you'll also need some transparency bounces.