• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to install the Tabby orange LMH file on Hivewire cat

Bonjour

I just bought Hivwire cat because i have see the free lmh file ( ex hw3d_housecat_long_by_vampyric_saiyaness-dbhx56j.lmh)
I have Look at my hair plugin installed in my DAZStdio folder
(15548_LAMHforDAZStudio45Win64bit_1.6.0.1_ds.exe)

But for now i don't know how to load the lmh file on the cat

In the past when i haves used Look at my hair on an animal the file lmh was in the material preset and just click to pose on animal

Thanks

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
You need to save the preset somewhere on your computer, then with LAMH open use the attach preset button and browse to where you put the file and select it.

Thanks QAV-Bee for your reply

i just try it after load the Look at my hair pane and got a fatal error from DAZStudio ( version 4.9.4.117 64 bits)So another problem, may be incompatibility
May be it will be better with the free player of Look at my hair

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Martial,
LAMH can be tricky at times.
Here's what I do:
Load the cat and load the texture. Then pose the cat.
Cat needs to be selected for the next part.

Go to the menu across the top and click on Create/New Look At My Hair Object.

This will load a new dialogue box called hair saloon at the top.
At the top on the right hand side is a box which says Hivewire cat. Click on the box to the right of this that has two white arrows on it.

This should load the cat into the Hair Saloon.
Underneath the cat's name are 3 icons. The middle one has a folder on it. Click this and navigate to wear you have saved the preset. Load the preset.

NOTE: This can take some time to load if you have an older slower system like I do I would recommend patience at this point...from experience I can tell you being impatient often ends with ds crashing.

Now if you are exporting it to DS for using with 3Delight click on the icon to left of the folder icon. Change the hair quantity to 1200,000 and click the export geometry button at the top on the right hand side.

If you are using with Iray, click on the large blue button. Change the hair quantity to 1200,000 and click the big blue button Export FiberHair.

NOTE: Both of these can take a long time to load on an older system. It is best to leave them alone to work.

I know with Iray there will be a little dialogue box pop up when it's ready that you need to click ok.

Then it's just a case of rendering once it's exported.

I'm not an expert by any means and hopefully VB will see this and come and post. He knows way more about this than I do.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Pen is that using the player or the full plugin?
I'm using the full plugin, and all I do is load the cat pose etc I tend to set up my scene first then save it before using LAMH, with LAMH open I then click attach preset browse to where the preset is, once it's applied I alter the hair quantity, if using Iray I just click to obj and wait until a dialogue box pops up and click yes then wait once it's completed its work - which can take a while, then render.

I believe I have read somewhere that it's not a good idea to have both the full version and the player installed at the same time.

Lamh presets can be extremely resource intensive this preset seems, when converted for Iray to be using over 4gb of memory, my system is struggling with it. Can you post your system specs?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm using the full plug in and following the process VB provided for testing his kitty fur. What you're saying sounds similar to what I said I just specified the actual icons used. I only have the full version not the player installed.

As I said earlier my system is getting old and I really need more processor power which this particular preset has made clear. As you said it is very resource intensive.

Sorry if I'm missing something but it's getting late here...I'm just about to go to bed.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Ok just took a look at the LAMH - it was the blue button bit that was confusing me, I don't open the cat into the editor unless I want to alter the fur I just use the opening UI.
I'll have to give it a go your way and see if there's any differences to the result or resource load.

I still got a DAZStudio crash when , inside the full Look at my hair plugin, i click to attach the lmh file
the error message say
'' DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "D:\DAZStudio4 64 bits\QtCore4.dll" at 0033:000000006CD72950, QBasicAtomicInt::ref() ''
in the past i have LAMH without problem but it is the first time i used it after DAZStudio 4,9 update
i have reinstalled completely DAZStudio and same problem again

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Do you have the latest LAMH, it will be in DIM, I know I had to update mine as the presets weren't working before I did.

I think i have because i have downloaded the Look at my hair plugin yesterday from my account product library and install it after uninstall the older version i have

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
OK so that's not your problem although did you manually install or use DIM?
What are you computer specs especially RAM.
The creator of LAMH has a thread at DAZ he is always very willing to help anyone with a problem, if you can't get it sorted try posting there.

My computer is an Intel I7500 , GFX 660 graphic card, 32 gigs Ram, Windows 10 64 bits
I have save the error DAZStudio_error_report_170804-134540.zip May be i can send to the The Look at my hair developper
i have searching at DAZ forum look at my hair using the word QtCore4.dll and not find something like my problem

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...shouldnt be RAM with that amount.
@tparo...thats the way I was told to do when I was learning I didnt know you could use it without going into create perhaps you could do a tutorial?

Meantime I'm trying to convince my husband my computer needs updating as I've had it a while.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I have the full version of LAMH, and for whatever reason when i first installed it a few yr ago, it put all it's folders here:
L:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Daz 3D\Studio\lookatmyhairAM

I don't think it matters where it's installed. You just have to know and remember where it puts its files so when it tells you to load the preset, you know where to find it.

location of LAMH files.JPG