• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to correct Dusks Default tex in Poser 11 Pro Preview mode?

Rick

Eager
Hi, I ran across this issue in 2014 & I forget how we fixed it.

Dusk's textures don't look so good in preview mode, but look great when rendered. I came across that in PP2014. We corrected it or did something, but I forgot what. It has something to do with the SSS texture.
1-2-2017 10-45-56 PM.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. Also is there a way to move the render cache file off the main drive onto a separate drive. I know you can move texture cache from within preferences.

Rick

Eager
I mean why are the textures in preview looking like this? It did it in PP2014 at first too. Then we did something to correct it. Something to do with SSS

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hiya, Rick -

Only way I know to change preview mode is to switch beteen the modes. In Render settings, in the Preview tab, if you have SreeD checked, try OpenGl and vice versa. They look quite different.

Not sure what you mean by defaulting to FF - that should depend on how whatever is in the scene when you open it is set up.

Hope this is helpful !

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
What you can do about the FireFly versus SuperFly issue is open Poser, and after changing the Render settings to what you want to use for FireFly, save the file as a Startup.pz3. Then in Edit > General Preferences > Document tab, click the Set Preferred State button in the upper left of the dialog, and select Launch to Preferred State.

Then on the Interface tab, I have Launch to Previous State selected under Launch Behavior.

I used to do the Startup file when I was using only DS years ago, and it works well with Poser too, as I can setup the default lights I like to start with. With Poser, it was a good way to get rid of the default Andy mannequin Poser usually opens with in Factory mode.

Rick

Eager
Thank you so much for the help. I use OpenGL. ScreeD is not a very good review at all. :) It wasn't that. I remember we talked about when Dusk first came out. It was on the old forum. Learning about 11Pro is like beginning again. I am also having a problem with those big eye lashes on him when I apply a Tex Transformer texture from another character. The setting (Eye Lash Length) in the morphs for Dusk use to get rid of that. It does not do anything with that setting now in PPro11.
1-3-2017 2-05-16 AM.jpg

Thanks again for the help. :) Greatly appreciated!

Rick

Eager
I was able to correct the eyelashes through the material room. I removed the transparency node from the lashes & they disappeared. I also tried my first render using both firefly & superfly, to see the differences. I used my video card which really speeded things up. The lips came out a little redder then I wanted. But for a first go at superfly, I can't complain. Trial & error with the settings is a great way to learn. Bought PP11 when it first came out. Just installed this evening. :) The first is firefly & the second one is superfly. No subdivision. EZSkin 3 for SSS. Used Dusk with a texture transfer from M4 I did last year. Default lights on both
Firefly.jpg
Superfly.jpg

Last edited:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
oh, looks really nice!

Yes, there is something that happens often with eyelashes in Preview mode using OpenGl...