• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to align vertices in Blender3d

eclark1894

Visionary
Occasionally, I have to admit I make mistakes... okay I have to do it a LOT! But I just recently found a time saver in Blender that should speed things up. A few days ago I was modeling a sofa in Blender. I needed to widen something and unfortunately some (a WHOLE lot):eek: vertices became unaligned. Unfortunately, there's no align vertices button in Blender (one of the few things it DOESN'T have). But I found this trick to help save you some time when re-aligning them.

1. First select the vertex you want the rest of them to align to.
2. Under the "Mesh" menu, at the bottom of the window,
a. Select "Snap" (Shift + S)
b. Under the pull down menu that appears, select "Cursor to Selected". This is now the location of your cursor.

Example 1.png

eclark1894

Visionary
4. Select S + X+ O(zero) and pull in the direction the vertices have to move in order to line up. In other words, if the vertices are selected along the Y axis (the GREEN arrow), like the ones in the posted image, YOU want to pull along the X axis (the RED arrow). Depending on which way you're looking, you can pull along X or Y axis if the alignment is along the Z axis.

Example 3.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not home at the moment Earl, but I'll definitely have to try that.

I do know that I have at times selected all, and then used Relax Polygons in the Tool menu on the left.