• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Solved HiveWire Horse tail morphs missing?

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Within Poser, Harry has tail morphs that I cannot find an equivalent for within Daz Studio (loading the DS-specific files). In Poser, the morphs are located in the Body-Tail area of the dials, and are named TailCrimpAll, TailLengthAll, TailLengthLower, TailLengthUpper, TailThickness and TailWidth.

Am I missing something, or do these morphs not exist for DS? It's probably the former, I know pretty much zero about using DS!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Did you look at the horse or the tail? I have a render running at the moment but I can check for you when it has finished...that's if I'm still up. 20 mins left til midnight...

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
With the Horse selected you will find them under Actor>Tail/Mane

Harry1.JPG

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
The mane has crimp morphs (I haven't gone through the comlete list comparing the two programs to see if they are all exactly the same), but in my DS the tail is missing all the morphs I listed. Here's a couple of screenshots to show what I'm seeing:

Here's Poser's dials with the morph dials circled:
poser dials.jpg

And here's DS with the morph dial locations indicated, but no morph dials:
ds dials.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hmm - Try reinstalling - they're there
HarryTailDS.jpg

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Just for further info, I downloaded the DS horse files on December 15th 2016. Will try downloading and re-installing again now.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Okay, so I tried a re-install without any change, but then when I filtered by name for the dials I couldn't see, they appeared. So, it's working now, but I have no idea why the dials did not display the first time! If you can't see a dial, try using the filter, I guess!

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
You need to look under the parameter tab NOT the posing one in DS. confuse s the heck out of me too at first.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh, geez, Daio - you got it!!

I didn't even think of that. I don't ever even use the Posing tab - always the Parameters

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
In Posing I was finding most of the dials, just without those specific ones- and those I could see seemed to work. However I now have no Posing tab at all. The Posing tab has vanished. By the sounds of it I don't need it anyway?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
No, you don't, for HW stuff - not so with other products. But that's weird.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't think I even knew there was a Posing Tab all the years I used DS. I just opened my DS 4, and there it is listed in the Window > Tabs menu. That didn't exist in DS 2 or DS 3.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I seem to be working now, everything needed located (even if the pose tab is still missing), and therefore, for all those who dropped by to offer help, a great, big:

thankyoupony.jpg

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Awww, so cute!!

Thanks! Glad it worked out :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Very cute! I'm glad you were able to sort it out. I never use the Posing tab...to be honest I'd forgotten it was there. I always use parameters but then I don't normally create poses from scratch.