• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Fitting Clothes to Morphed Figures??

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This is driving me absolutely insane. What is the procedure for conforming the clothes to Dawn and Dusk in Poser??? (I'm in Pro 11.) I know I've had issues with this in the past, when I was working on Nataani, and I'm not having any luck trying to remember what the heck finally worked, or who told me how it was done.

It doesn't matter if I conform the clothes before or after I morph Dawn, they REFUSE to follow her morphs. This happens with ALL clothes, no matter where they came from, or who made them, and it happens ONLY in Poser, and it's driving me insane. Do I really need to spend two hours sitting here clicking back and forth between Dawn and her clothing and hand-dialing in the morphs on each piece of clothing I want to put on her?????

In Studio, the clothes automatically follow the morphs when I fit them to the figure. I do recall back with earlier versions of Poser where we had to dial in every morph on the clothing items, IF it had the morphs... but I know I got this working with Nataani on Poser 11 (non-pro), where the clothes eventually did pick up his morphs upon conforming. I just can't get it working again, though, and I'm seriously out of things to try. Nothing works here (and hand dialing the morphs doesn't alter the clothing, either!).

Seriously? What am I doing wrong? LOL

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
How are you loading and conforming the clothing?

I always drag and drop the clothing on Dawn/Dusk (make sure it says Dawn (or Dusk) and not some other item in the scene). To be sure nothing screwy happens, I always select the figure before loading each clothing item.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Well, first, the morph has to be in the clothing for it to work at all. Is it possible you have a piece of clothing that doesn't contain the Nataani morphs?

I just tried the PNWNA set on DuskSE and the morphs followed Nataani in P11 Pro just fine. (And, like Satira, I drag and drop clothing in Poser.)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I always drag and drop the clothing on Dawn/Dusk (make sure it says Dawn (or Dusk) and not some other item in the scene). To be sure nothing screwy happens, I always select the figure before loading each clothing item.

1) I have done it this way and get the same result - none of the morphs follow. None.

2) I have also tried loading it as a new figure, and then conforming it via the menus at the top of the screen.

3) I have tried "memorizing" the figure - then zero it - then load clothing (both drag and drop, and via menu) - and then "restoring" the figure's shape again. That didn't work either.

4) I've tried simply loading clothing onto a default Dawn (unmorphed), and when I turn the dials, the clothing refuses to follow it. (Load Dawn - Inject Dawn's morphs - Load clothing - Conform Clothing - Select Dawn again - Turn her morph dials - and nothing happens. Clothes don't follow.)

5) I've un-installed the figures (and their morphs) and re-installed them again, then tried all of the above again. Same result.

Even the HW jeans and tank top are doing this, as well as things from Glitter and OOT, so I absolutely know it's GOT to be something I'm doing wrong! Every piece of clothing I have in the library does this. Yes, I'm using DawnSE. Yes, I have the DawnSE version of the morphs loaded into her. I just can't figure it out. I got it to work before (eventually) with Nataani, but I can't get it to work on any of my Dawn morphs (or Dusk) now. The only difference between Nataani and this, is that I went from basic Poser 11, to Poser Pro 11.

Well, first, the morph has to be in the clothing for it to work at all. Is it possible you have a piece of clothing that doesn't contain the Nataani morphs?

I just tried the PNWNA set on DuskSE and the morphs followed Nataani in P11 Pro just fine. (And, like Satira, I drag and drop clothing in Poser.)

Yeah. I had gotten it working on Nataani back when I was packing him up and getting him set up for Poser. But I can't get it to work for any morph, on any clothing, for either Dawn or Dusk now. And short of reinstalling the ENTIRE Poser program again, which I really don't want to do, I'm out of ideas.

[Edit to add] Once clothing is conformed, even if I set the morph values on the clothing items themselves, they still don't change shape to suit the figure. I'm going to guess the clothing morphs are somehow "locked" in place to Dawn or Dusk via superconforming or something like that?

**Sorry for the NEWB style questions... this program hates me, I swear! LMAO**

Last edited:

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I just tested DuskSE. Loaded DuskSE, conformed my clothing, dialed in CWRW's Joe (from the Rodrigo set) and the clothing followed the morph with no issues at all. And, like you, I have a DuskSE saved to the runtime with the morphs loaded in. I just dialed in Joe.

DuskSE-JoeTest.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah, that's why I'm so confused! It just isn't behaving that way for me, and I can't figure out why. I'll try it again in a bit, but I know it has to be something on my end. I'm just not sure what...

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Yeah, that's why I'm so confused! It just isn't behaving that way for me, and I can't figure out why. I'll try it again in a bit, but I know it has to be something on my end. I'm just not sure what...

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. I find that the Parameter options affect morphs greatly, so you may want to play with these settings and see if they are what the problem is (sorry, that's from PP14, but still the same settings with a few additional in PP11).
ParametersProperties.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
...you know what? I don't think I had the scales checked! Let me open it up now and look at it again! Thanks, I'll let you know.

And no worries - I appreciate you both trying! I'm such a klutz when it comes to Poser anymore! LOL

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Okay, so... I have the HW clothing fitting to them now. It's a good step anyway! LOL. Somehow, the "Include Scales" was not selected on the tank top and jeans. Not sure how that happened, but that finally fixed the conforming issue there. :)

Still can't seem to get other clothes to fit. I'm not sure what's going on. I know that clothes have to have the same morphs as what I have in use on the figure. Which... in regards to that... how do you go about getting clothes to fit shapes that aren't supported in the clothing? In Studio, that's never an issue, because when conforming clothes to a figure in Studio, the clothing simply inherits any morph that's active on the figure. That's not the case in Poser, and having looked at it a little more now, it seems an awful lot for just a morph brush for certain of the morphs.

So.. how do you go about jury-rigging a fit on clothes when you're using morphs on Dawn or Dusk that are not supported in the clothing already? Is that a Fitting Room thing?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Okay, so... I have the HW clothing fitting to them now. It's a good step anyway! LOL. Somehow, the "Include Scales" was not selected on the tank top and jeans. Not sure how that happened, but that finally fixed the conforming issue there. :)

Still can't seem to get other clothes to fit. I'm not sure what's going on. I know that clothes have to have the same morphs as what I have in use on the figure. Which... in regards to that... how do you go about getting clothes to fit shapes that aren't supported in the clothing? In Studio, that's never an issue, because when conforming clothes to a figure in Studio, the clothing simply inherits any morph that's active on the figure. That's not the case in Poser, and having looked at it a little more now, it seems an awful lot for just a morph brush for certain of the morphs.

So.. how do you go about jury-rigging a fit on clothes when you're using morphs on Dawn or Dusk that are not supported in the clothing already? Is that a Fitting Room thing?

No, it's really simple........conform the clothing to your morphed figure.

Select a piece of clothing from the dropdown, i.e., Shirt>Body

Go to Figure>Copy Morphs From and select Dawn from the dropdown list if she isn't already selected.

Look in the list of morphs for the character morph you want to include.

After clicking OK, the clothing will automatically morph to the shape. You may want to check closely in case you need to use the morph brush on the newly installed morph before saving.

You can either save a new clothing CR2 or you can go to File>Export>Morph Injection and save it as an INJ file which will have to be injected whenever you want the clothing to fit that morph. Before you take this step, however, be sure to turn on Use Binary Morphs in Edit>General Preferences>Misc. tab> so that the pmd file is written with the INJ file you are creating.

Last edited:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks! I'm going to go try that now. Sorry for all the newbie style questions. :D I've been out of Poser for too long, it's like relearning it all over again here. LOL!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Thanks! I'm going to go try that now. Sorry for all the newbie style questions. :D I've been out of Poser for too long, it's like relearning it all over again here. LOL!

I don't mind at all. Besides, things like making the INJ file are new in Poser Pro 11, so it's not like you would have known about it anyway.

And Copy Morphs From was PP12.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't mind at all. Besides, things like making the INJ file are new in Poser Pro 11, so it's not like you would have known about it anyway.

And Copy Morphs From was PP12.

Yep, then I wouldn't have known about either one.

So, I tested out the copy morphs now... and I have that working. Thank you! Finally! Conformed OOT's sport set to Jocelyn. I had to touch up a couple of small spots around the lats on the tank top with the morph brush, and a few spots around the one thigh on the shorts. But that was it; it fit pretty well otherwise.

I'll try out saving a CR2 later on when I have time. Bear came home with the rest of the paint I need to finish the upstairs tonight, so I have to go be a good wolf and finish that up now. LOL But I'll try out the CR2 save after that's done.

Jocelyn-02.png

(Render was just a quickie test, thus the grain.)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Yep, then I wouldn't have known about either one.

So, I tested out the copy morphs now... and I have that working. Thank you! Finally! Conformed OOT's sport set to Jocelyn. I had to touch up a couple of small spots around the lats on the tank top with the morph brush, and a few spots around the one thigh on the shorts. But that was it; it fit pretty well otherwise.

I'll try out saving a CR2 later on when I have time. Bear came home with the rest of the paint I need to finish the upstairs tonight, so I have to go be a good wolf and finish that up now. LOL But I'll try out the CR2 save after that's done.

View attachment 26990

(Render was just a quickie test, thus the grain.)

Woooooooooooot! Good stuff! She's looking great.

quietrob

Extraordinary
No, it's really simple........conform the clothing to your morphed figure.

Select a piece of clothing from the dropdown, i.e., Shirt>Body

Go to Figure>Copy Morphs From and select Dawn from the dropdown list if she isn't already selected.

Look in the list of morphs for the character morph you want to include.

After clicking OK, the clothing will automatically morph to the shape. You may want to check closely in case you need to use the morph brush on the newly installed morph before saving.

You can either save a new clothing CR2 or you can go to File>Export>Morph Injection and save it as an INJ file which will have to be injected whenever you want the clothing to fit that morph. Before you take this step, however, be sure to turn on Use Binary Morphs in Edit>General Preferences>Misc. tab> so that the pmd file is written with the INJ file you are creating.

I've read that the worst thing in Poser is using Binary Morphs or PMD files. That having it selected causes problems. I'm sure I've saved clothing custom fitted to a character and the morphs I copied from the figure still worked without PMD creation selected.

Am I misinformed?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I've read that the worst thing in Poser is using Binary Morphs or PMD files. That having it selected causes problems. I'm sure I've saved clothing custom fitted to a character and the morphs I copied from the figure still worked without PMD creation selected.

Am I misinformed?

No, you are not misinformed. However, if you wish to use PP11's Export>Morph Injection you must use binary morph targets or the injection file fails.

It's not "the worst thing in Poser" and has been unreliable in the past, but I think it's in the past. At least my experience is that DS is the only program which causes PMD issues, and since nothing from Poser is compatible with DS any longer, the issue is moot.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Thank you, Glitterati. I didn't know that. Perhaps that's why my attempts at making the injection available for other clothing had failed in the past. I only DS to convert DS only files into Poser compatible file so I really never thought the PMD issue could be a DAZ issue. I don't know about things not being compatible with all the genius scripts and importers around. I'm still waiting to see if Genesis 3 hair can be used in PP11. Hopefully the new Poser development team will address this.

I hope I didn't sound too dense. I'm still learning.