• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Does anyone know how to convert a Daz Property setting to Poser?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
So, I have the TB Racing forms nearly completed just the Juvenile to go saved in Daz as property settings, but I need to save them into Poser also. Does anyone know how to go about doing that?

Shire3.png

RachaelAlexander349.png Foal Morphs.jpg Jockey9 copy.jpg Roses Are REd.jpg UnicornResave.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Well, it's like a pose, but it saves out the scaling on the image. In Daz some properties like scaling are not saved out unless it's saved as a property. So essentially it would be a Pose in poser, but I don't know if there are settings in there that save out the scale.

As long as it's saved out as a pose then you don't have to worry about including the morphs as they will automatically apply for the TB and the foal.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Here is a screen shot. So basically I'm just saving out the scale here along with the shaping presets.
Screenshot 2017-07-29 13.38.37.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I really don't know, but I would think you can export the object and make a morph for the horse in Poser. That will preserve the scaling and shaping. And, the pose is a pose.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Not sure NA...I'm assuming its a dialled pose like jungle kids? When I was getting the scaling for Deidre set up I had to create a controller dial...and then iirc I exported a cr2 to Poser and created an injection file but I'm not 100% sure about it as I've only done it the once.

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Hmmm.. I have an export function in DS that allows me to save Poser poses and indicate what I want saved. I think it allows you to save scaling too. Not remembering if I bought it seperately or it hidden somewhere in the base DS. Let me go check

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
It's an unity script called PoserFormatExporter. I think I bought it seperately. And you can save scaling.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I really don't know, but I would think you can export the object and make a morph for the horse in Poser. That will preserve the scaling and shaping. And, the pose is a pose.
Ah ok, I can give that a try. I think I will proceed with the Daz set and then have the Poser conversion possibly come out at a later day. Not sure right now though.

P.S. : Sorry for the late response, but had a surprise visit with family this weekend.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Not sure NA...I'm assuming its a dialled pose like jungle kids? When I was getting the scaling for Deidre set up I had to create a controller dial...and then iirc I exported a cr2 to Poser and created an injection file but I'm not 100% sure about it as I've only done it the once.
It's really more of a pose as I'm not including the TB or Foal forms in the properties they are just applied when the property is applied, but I will check that out too.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hmmm.. I have an export function in DS that allows me to save Poser poses and indicate what I want saved. I think it allows you to save scaling too. Not remembering if I bought it seperately or it hidden somewhere in the base DS. Let me go check
That sounds very useful I will have to see if I can find that!