• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Daz problem with Iray hair - need help please

Dash4950

Inspired
hello everybody i have probem with hair iray ,if you could explain to me how to regulate her please because her makes me her with all the hair, and I do not understand why ..

sorry for my bad english :(
problem hair.png

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Which hair is that? It looks like it's sinking into the head a bit or if you have smoothing on it is separating. I have seen that happen can you post more images in default position with a close up of the head?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
You could instead of fitting it to the head just parent it to the model's head and then use the translation tool to lift it up a bit and possibly widen it using the X parameters slider, but I agree with what Pen said about it sinking into the head. Also even though Gen 8 has clones for previous models doesn't mean that things are going to fit perfectly all the time. I've had some issues with Gen2 clothing fits.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Have you fitted the hair or is it parented?

Either way, have you added a smoothing modifier?

I'm not sure that I own Samira, so I can't check for myself.

Dash4950

Inspired
the second screenshot is on gf3, the hair is autofit gf3 and yes I made a smothing modifer ,I think it's a problem of shader but not on because even if I change it does the same :(

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Turn off all the Cutout Opacity in the Surfaces tab and turn off the main strands and look at the skull cap part of the prop to make sure it's not sinking into the figures head. If that's not the issue then there is another solution... April helped me out with with one of her hairs that looked strange after I rendered it... it's another surfaces fix.... I'll see if I can dig it up!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Let's see if this works..... it's a text file and it's got all the info you would need to set up hair in iRAY. I didn't write this, I snatched it from the DAZ Forums a while back.... I know this isn't your native language but perhaps you can run it through translation software...

Attachments

• iRAY Hair Set up Settings.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 461

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Other settings to try:

Other settings to try:

base color = texture map + color
diffuse roughness = 0
translucency weight = .1
base color effect = scatter only
translucency color = (what you think the transparent color should be)
glossy layered weight = .63
share glossy inputs = on
glossy color = 1.00 0.95 0.80
Glossy color effect = scatter and transmit
glossy reflectivity = 0.49
glossy roughness .2
glossy anisotropy = 0.97
glossy anisotropy rotations = 0.28
base bump map = 2.6
top coat = 0.97
top coat color (based on translucency color)
top coat color effect = scatter only
top coat roughness = 0.52
top coat layering mode = fresnel
top coat IOR = 2.21
top coat anisotropy = .97
top coat rotations = .25
cutout opacity = 1.15
displacement strength = .5
minimum displacement = -0.3
maximum displacement .3
SubD Displacement Level 2

Dash4950

Inspired
thank you very much so I try these parameters but not his does not go, separately it is a problem of shader but I do not know why it makes me that

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It looks more to me like it is either a problem with the smoothing or the hair sinking into the head. I've seen that exact issue with hair that moves to far apart with smoothing. It would be good to see it without the opacity on to see what is actually happening.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hmm you might try going under Actors, Wardrobe, and Props, then, down to the Surfaces (Color) Tab and next, go to the the cutout opacity setting and then try turning off the limits or setting them to like 5,000 and then increasing the opacity setting it's a trick Shiba uses to make thin hair fuller.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I think it's a volume issue come to think of it. Did you try to increase the cutout opacity to like 150%?