• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Daz Genesis 8

drafter69

Inspired
Now that Daz Studio has released Genesis 8 Victoria and soon Michael 8 that are supposed to be backward compatible has anyone had any experience with V8 and Dawn?

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
While I don’t us DS in any form I visited the Forums at Renderosity which you may find useful:

Genesis 8 / Victoria 8 Released

While it does appear have some backward compatability with earlier versions it does appear that you will need to download the latest version of DS to make full use of the figures

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
By backwards compatible they mean Genesis, G2 & G3 will work by autofit (to a certain degree, I can't get High healed shoes/boots to work and I can't get V4 or earlier to work via autofit, I haven't had a play trying other things) and G3 base UV skins work on G8 but not all. So if you have the texture transformer you could probably get Dawn skins to G3 to use on G8 (or G3 back to use on Dawn) but I don't know about clothing.

This is a list that someone came up with, there could be other skins that work/don't work that they didn't have:
Compatible Uvs: G3F Base Female, Arabella 7, Dandelion, Eva 7, Gia 7, Karen 7, Lilith 7, Mei Lin 7, Monique 7, Olympia 7, Victoria 7
Uncompatible UVs: Aiko 7, Bethany 7, Demonara, Genevieve 7, Girl 7, Kalea 7, Rune 7, Sunny 7, Teen Josie 7, Tween Julie 7

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Sorry. I forgot to add that the latest version of DS is 4.9.4.117.

There are some reports on the forum that loading V8 into earlier versions can result in an 'incription' message popping up, though it does load if you choose to ignore it. I have no idea why because I have no interest in DS but it does seem peculiar that you need to download a whole new version of the program just to get full backwards compatability with previous incarnations.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I just read its something to do with the conforming eyelashes Myth, like you said if you ignore the message it will load. Also the latest version of DS has something added to iray so the iray mats won't work properly in older version but easy enough to convert it to what you'd use for G3.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I haven't tried yet as i don't want to upgrade my version of ds yet. In regards to Dawn I would imagine that you could make an autofit clone for your own use if you want to use genesis 8 clothing on her. I have a genesis 3 clone but I'm finding I prefer to manually fit the clothing these days.

Jay Versluis

Admirable
I've been wondering this myself, and so far I've tried some G3 and G2 content on V8 and it seems to work, just like Rae said using Auto Fit. So you load the figure, then with her selected load the previous generation content, and a dialogue pops up asking you which figure your clothing was made for. DAZ Studio then creates follow-morphs automatically. It looks "okay" (i.e. there's a lot of breast and body hugging going on). It takes a bit of time, and perhaps some work with something like Zevo's Fit Control to make it look better (when it's - hopefully - available for V8).

Works back to Genesis 1 content, I don't think V4 or earlier is supported.

Here's Victorias 8 with the Genesis 1 Hitman outfit:

V8 Hitman.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sickle has a video on converting stuff which doesnt use autofit iirc. Ihavent had chance to watch it yet though but it mentioned converting without distortions.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I tried Genesis 8 and like the way the extra geometry in important areas like the face allow for more realistic expression lines and furrows. Also it means that any of us using ZBrush to make morphs has a lot more polygons to play with, for even more detailed morphs.