• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn Special Edition

cosmasad

Hello,

I am a new user of Poser 11 and am interested in purchasing the Dawn Special Edition figure. Relatively inexperienced as to what "stacks" are, for example. I want to generate vanilla white obj figures for use in my 3d environments created in Rhino. Don't plan to render, therefore, I don't need skin colors, etc. I do need clothes and it's hard to tell if the basic package of the Special Edition comes with clothes. I need "regular street clothes" - pant outfits, not dresses or vampy outfits or bikinis. Do these come with the basic package? If not where can I get regular street clothes so that she looks like a lawyer, or doctor? I also need a few basic hair styles.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hello Cosmasad, welcome to Hivewire3D and Poser 11. I am not the best person to answer your question but it tends to be quiet here over the weekends so while the experts take a break I will give it a try.

If you are referring to the 'stacks' here at Hivewire3d they are are a group of related products offered at extra discount for buying the stack, a sort of bulk purchase discount. For example rather then buy a range of dynamic dresses individually there may be a stack of say five dresses at a price much lower than buying the individual dresses.

The basic package of Dawn Special Edition (SE) only comes with the string bikini shown in the promos, which from what you have already stated would not be of use to you. Other clothes can be purchased here, try ticking the 'Dawn' box on the left hand side before you do a search to narrow it down to just Dawn items.

The other place you can find clothes for Dawn is at Renderosity, but I would advise you use Paypal there if you purchase anything, there will be nothing at Daz3D specifically for Dawn as the figure competes with the Genesis figures over there.

There are a lot of clever people here that create clothes for Dawn many of which are free. I am sure they will jump in with links but in the meantime you could look at the 'Freebie Chat' and 'Freebie Links' forums here at Hivewire.

D

Deleted member 325

A great starting place for basic clothes would be:
Dawn's Skinny Jeans - A HiveWire 3D Creation by Christopher Creek Art and Sarsa
Dawn's Tank Top - A HiveWire 3D Creation by Christopher Creek Art and Sarsa
Dawn's Platform Pumps - A HiveWire 3D Creation by Christopher Creek Art and Sarsa
Dawn's Combat Boots - A HiveWire 3D Creation by Christopher Creek Art and Sarsa
I had thought there were sneakers too, but I may have acquired those elsewhere. They might have been I13's Athletic Shoes DAWN from Renderosity.

With some outfits, I often try to look past the textures with them at the shape of the pieces to use in kit-bashes myself, and imagine them re-textured. It may also be worth picking up a set of office wear that has a dress for example, if it has separate Jacket, shirt, shoes, etc... for variety.

These are some items of more casual clothing available here at Hivewire3D for Dawn:
Overalls for Dawn - A Glitterati3D Creation at HiveWire 3D
GeneriCorps HR Rep for Dawn - An Evilinnocence Creation at HiveWire 3D
Basics 2 for Dawn - A Shellyw 3D Creation
Office Lady for Dawn - A Ken1171 Designs Creation at HiveWire 3D
Basics 3 for Dawn - A Shellyw 3D Creation
Basics 1 for Dawn - A Shellyw 3D Creation
Long Jacket for Dawn - Poser - A Glitterati3D Creation at HiveWire 3D

The following free items can be re-textured easily for more basic clothing:
http://hivewire3d.com/essentials-sweater-for-dawn.html
http://hivewire3d.com/bah-humbug-xmas-sweatshirt-for-dawn.html
Dragon's Breath, who is not longer with us, had made some fantastic clothing for Dawn/Dusk. The website appears to still be available, but some links may be down.
http://byudragon.com/Poser/Clothing/Clothing.html

From Renderosity, there are a few items of use, and there is more coming both to Hivewire3D and Renderosity for Dusk and Dawn:
Dawn's Mega Wardrobe has a mix of clothing items that may be useful. Urban Biker (DAWN) is very useful to me (Leather jacket and pants).

Hope this helps.