• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

3D Artist #92 focuses on Blender!

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Heads up for anybody interested. Some nice tutorials, information, and about 5GB worth of resources when you unlock the content in their file sharing site (details how are in the magazine).

Master Blender with issue 92 of 3D Artist | 3D Artist - Animation, Models, Inspiration & Advice | 3DArtist Magazine

Ordering a physical copy online seems to be out of stock, so here's a link to their digital edition (link found from 3D Artist's own homepage, so it's safe): 3D Artist Issue 92 - Great Digital Mags

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WHOOOP!!! I used to buy 3D Artist and another 3D magazine at my local B&N store years ago, but then they stopped carrying them. Now most of the B&N stores are closing, and I don't think I'd want to pay the extra to order magazines published in England, even if it was available. It was better to wait a month for them to get here.

Thanks for the link, that's a great find. :D

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Personally I went with a digital edition as the extra content is still available. They don't seem to be disc-based anymore. Plus with me getting ready to move and doing some major downsizing, the less physical clutter the better. :p

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I know. I used to always check the magazines before I bought them, because half the time the discs were missing. B&N was always a busy store, and the magazine racks weren't anywhere near where employees, or cashiers, would see anyone if they ripped it out. I even once found a magazine where the slipcover was still in the magazine, but the disc wasn't in it.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Honestly, I think the only one I ever bought a physical copy of was a beefy magazine (even the pages weren't that normal flimsy magazine paper) called "A Photographer's Guide to RAW in Photoshop" #2. Everything else I generally prefer PDF format. Load 'em all up on my tablet and read 'em while I'm out.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I like PDF format too, but I've only had a tablet for about 3 years now, so back then it was nice having the printed copy. You'd laugh if you saw how I mangled those magazines, tearing them apart to save the pages I wanted to keep, and throwing out the rest. :lol:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well guess what???? I can't buy it!! Amazon is telling me "You are not eligible to purchase this app due to geographical restrictions."

Since when does an eBook have geographical restrictions?????

Hmmmm, this is a Kindle edition, maybe it's because I didn't have my tablet on? The US is definitely listed as a permitted country, so what on earth are they referring to?

Oh and reading the comments, I wasn't the only one who got the geographical restrictions notice.

Oh well, it was a nice idea while it lasted.

Last edited:

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Try the Zinio link. It shows £4.49, but adds to my cart for about £3.74, which is about $5.29 (I say about as the actual conversion rate fluctuates when looking it up via Google).

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks. I have a feeling the page I was taken to at Amazon was to download the 3D Artist "app" and not the magazine. I'm, not sure, but after looking at a few things on that page, it didn't seem like they were referring to the magazine at all, and I don't really want their app, because I don't plan to subscribe to their magazine on a regular basis.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Well guess what???? I can't buy it!! Amazon is telling me "You are not eligible to purchase this app due to geographical restrictions."

Since when does an eBook have geographical restrictions?????

Hmmmm, this is a Kindle edition, maybe it's because I didn't have my tablet on? The US is definitely listed as a permitted country, so what on earth are they referring to?

Oh and reading the comments, I wasn't the only one who got the geographical restrictions notice.

Oh well, it was a nice idea while it lasted.

Happens all the time on Amazon depending on the licensing of the book.

At least in Australia it does. I used to have my account with Amazon US but recently it got converted to Australia.

Just because something is digital doesn't mean that it's available everywhere. We get the same problem with videos and movies also on iTunes. I have a season pass for the vampire diaries but even if it is out in the states I can't access new episodes until they have been viewed here.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think the problem was, this was Amazon UK, and I'm a member of Amazon in the US, though it took my login info. Why I had a problemm since the US was listed as an available location, I have no idea.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I've had that happen with Amazon...even though you are registered with the site in the US it still has you location info via your ip. In Australia some people use a VPN to be able to get things from the US.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Wouldn't suggest you did...we have lots of people over here who do it and then get the us netflix as they get programs before we do. We have to wait forever sometimes to see things. Like with Galavant I only saw the first episode last week...they've had it for a while in the US. Given technology I cannot understand why things can't be released globally at the same time especially when you're talking about digital downloads.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I suspect that's a business decision on Amazon's part, and not because of global availability.

I don't know what their business plan is, but Amazon here in the US is probably the main company, and Australia, UK, and wherever else Amazon has an online site, are subdivisions. It may be something in other countries that's blocking them from making it available at the same time. I know when I used to buy 3D Artist and other magazines published in the UK, they didn't get to B&N for at least a month, sometimes 5 or 6 weeks.

Granted those weren't digital, but still, it shouldn't take that long to ship them here. I'm sure B&N, and other large brick and mortor bookstores, had standing orders every month. There's no way to know for sure why you guys don't get the same things via Netflix at the same time we do, or at least within a reasonable amount of time, like a day or two.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
The way I understand Amazon's 3D Artist app, is that you download the app, and then purchase the magazines through that app. IMO they should eliminate the middle-man and just allow the subscription/magazine to be purchased directly through Amazon and not require their own app to do so.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I agree. I'm assuming the "app" is necessary for downloading the magazine in Kindle (or similar) format. If they just made it available in PDF format, you could download and read it on your tablet, your desktop, your laptop, or if your cellphone is large enough, there as well. I just don't understand why they need an app to do it. You can't download the files available for each issue to a tablet, so why make it absolutely necessary to do the magazine thru the app. I have the Kindle app on my tablet, so throw it into Google Play and I can grab it. Having the magazine's app to me is totally unnecessary. ~sheesh~

You're right Vask. Cut out the middleman and it would be a whole lot better.