• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
My point, however, is that it will not be reciprocated from the DAZ side. No one will be allowed to even post a link to Hivewire on the forums, much less in product pages.

Seems to be a pretty one-sided arrangement if you ask me.

You are allowed to link to products at another store if it's in answer to a request.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Oh I do know what you mean. But in this case with having the base models at Daz, and many of the add-ons here at the Hive or at Rendo etc, one can do that. The HW base animal products will still show up here but link to Daz to buy them.

As long as they are linked then that's a good thing! :)

Will have to mull it over some still and weigh pros and cons.

Rendo is mostly out! I find it's a bit cluttered and hard to find and track down things with their site organization.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
That it has!

I think I've posted more since 3:30 am than I have in weeks :p But then ... I'm also trying to get the Sweete line of products ready for submitting to QAM, and have started my next set of products. I never, ever bite off more than I can chew.

Though, I quite frequently try to swallow and inhale at the same time.
For some reason that always happens when I read McGyver 's posts!!

Last edited:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist

Rendo is mostly out! I find it's a bit cluttered and hard to find and track down things with their site organization.

I am still planning to make add on products for the HW critters that will be sold here, for whatever that is worth. The Hive still has a LOT of add-on products for especially Harry here.

My point, however, is that it will not be reciprocated from the DAZ side. No one will be allowed to even post a link to Hivewire on the forums, much less in product pages.

Seems to be a pretty one-sided arrangement if you ask me.

Not entirely true; I've seen plenty of posts in the Product Suggestions subforum over at DAZ where folks post links to products on other sites, plus there are plenty of posts on free content in the Freebies forum and sometimes in the Commons for products that will work in DAZ Studio. I expect this to be the main way Hivewire3D will gain sales for addons for the Horse and other animals that move there.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Not entirely true; I've seen plenty of posts in the Product Suggestions subforum over at DAZ where folks post links to products on other sites, plus there are plenty of posts on free content in the Freebies forum and sometimes in the Commons for products that will work in DAZ Studio. I expect this to be the main way Hivewire3D will gain sales for addons for the Horse and other animals that move there.

ROFL, I had no idea there WAS a Product Suggestions subforum.

All I see is any link to an offsite products is immediately deleted from the forums. Heck, even the word Dawn or Dusk or Luna has resulted in posts deleted.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Right, but does your average user even go to the form?

Gee, I'm not the only person that detests the layout there? It is an absolute snail to load compared to DAZ3D and Hivewire3D.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
ROFL, I had no idea there WAS a Product Suggestions subforum.

All I see is any link to an offsite products is immediately deleted from the forums. Heck, even the word Dawn or Dusk or Luna has resulted in posts deleted.
You cannot create a thread specifically linking to another site's product, what you CAN do is link to a product on another store while answering a question when someone is looking for a specific product or type of product.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE

This is not true, as I said you can link to a product elsewhere if it's requested. and post mentioning Dawn Dusk etc are not deleted just because they mention the figures.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Don't forget too- if you have a Daz account you can post your images to your Daz gallery using HW products (or any others from anywhere for that matter). Yes the names don't link to anything but even having them listed there really does help! One practice that a lot of folks who post art at Rendo do is to list the products they used in a piece even if they aren't linked. (I for one always to remember to do that both at R and at my Daz gallery) Again it does help.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
This is not true, as I said you can link to a product elsewhere if it's requested. and post mentioning Dawn Dusk etc are not deleted just because they mention the figures.

It has been true in the past. There are users right here on this forum it has happened to (not me, I don't post on the DAZ forums).

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Don't forget too- if you have a Daz account you can post your images to your Daz gallery using HW products (or any others from anywhere for that matter). Yes the names don't link to anything but even having them listed there really does help! One practice that a lot of folks who post art at Rendo do is to list the products they used in a piece even if they aren't linked. (I for one always to remember to do that both at R and at my Daz gallery) Again it does help.
Yes, via Shiba's coaxing I have been trying to add some more images in there. I have some of the cats and I need to load up some more of Harry!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
You cannot create a thread specifically linking to another site's product, what you CAN do is link to a product on another store while answering a question when someone is looking for a specific product or type of product.

So, I rushed over to DAZ to the Product Suggestions subform and there's not one post with an offsite link to a product in the entire first page.

Oh well.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes, via Shiba's coaxing I have been trying to add some more images in there. I have some of the cats and I need to load up some more of Harry!

Go for it! At least down the road one CAN link to the base HW animal sold there. I plan to update my gallery to do just that once the HW critters hit the store there.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
There is a thread over in the DAZ Commons about HW coming over there....pretty cool! Please do not mention any potential release dates for the products, if you decide to participate in that thread. They don't like that mentioned, which I can understand, as sometimes things happen to prevent planned release dates, and the masses get angry ;). You'll notice I don't usually mention release dates here.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
There is a thread over in the DAZ Commons about HW coming over there....pretty cool! Please do not mention any potential release dates for the products, if you decide to participate in that thread. They don't like that mentioned, which I can understand, as sometimes things happen to prevent planned release dates, and the masses get angry ;). You'll notice I don't usually mention release dates here.

I always thought Soon was a release date!

RLOF!!:roflmao:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well ... I haven't yet gotten into the kitchen to fix that chai! I got sidetracked looking for Tsuki now that she's disappeared. I found her quite comfortably snuggled in behind an empty 3 gallon Deer Park water bottle in the bottom rack of the bottle rack. She'd shoved the bottle toward the front of the rack so she could get behind it.

She's something else!

Yes. It does stand for Quality Assurance Make-it-go-in-the-store-now!

I just have to make the tiny little images for the home page and the store thumbnails. Everything else is complete for Sweete Brythe, Sweete Reyn, and Sweete Flyte. Though ... the ReadMes are ALWAYS a struggle. I'm just not much of an ad person.

I have been avoiding adding up how many hours of sleep I actually got (or didn't get) last night. Couldn't have been much with waking up at 3:30 am. Though, I might have fallen asleep about midnight rather than 1 am. Tomorrow will be the first day in like 10 days that I've had to go in to work. I telecommute Thursdays, take Fridays off as vacation, and since our new developer started Monday and we're short a desk, they had me telecommute Wednesday so he could sit at my desk. Since I also took Monday off as vacation and Tuesday was the Fourth, that means I've not driven to work since the 28th. Oh ... that's 11 days. No wonder Tsuki is antsy. Other than the four hours I was away to get a crown Friday, I've been home all that time. She's had no private time at all!

LOL, that Chai ain't working, girl. Is that standing for Quality Assurance Make-it-go-in-the-store-now?

ETA -since I've had to edit this twice already, clearly my coffee ain't working either!!

Status
Not open for further replies.