• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

You learn something new every day

Hornet3d

Wise
Walking the dog today I came across an iPhone lying on the path so I picked it up knowing it was not going to stay there or laying undamaged for very long. At home I pulled the sim card and tried calling the network company but they said they could not locate the user from the sim number. So it tried searching the Internet and came up with a piece of information that was new to me but I guess not to others. Anyway the trick is Seri can be access without unlocking the phone so you just ask Seri to call mum.

I worked like a treat and phone is now back home with mum, probably before her schoolboy son knows he has lost it. Result

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
A nice happy ending to what's probably more of an every day event than folks realize.

As far as "call mum", that may be something the mother set up, because I don't know if his phone would be able to do that automatically, UNLESS it's all part of the same "family" package of phones.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well, I think most kids probably have a contact in their phonebook called mom, or mum. At least, I would hope so.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I would hope so as well. I think now-a-days, if there's a young (even pre-teen) kid with a phone, it's most likely part of a parent's cellphone account, so mostly like the parent's phone number is in the kids contact list.

Hornet3d

Wise
Yes, the trick works with Siri because you can access it with holding the power button down and do not need a password, through Siri you have access to the contacts list so trying mum is a good first guess. The other information you can get to is the medical ID assuming the owner has set it up. Being a youngsters phone I do no think it would be long before someone called it so I could have answered and manged to get it back to the owner that way. This was just so much quicker and despite having worked in a phone shop some years ago it was a new trick for me.