• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Woodlands Misty With Bluebells

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
A recent poll to choose a flower for each county in the UK resulted in the majority of counties choosing the Bluebell. Hardly surprising for the countries most-loved flower. A seemingly inconspicuous little bloom but to anyone who has seen a spring woodland carpeted in a blue mist as far as the eye can see it's little wonder that they hold such a revered place in our heart, and those of the Fae if legend is to be believed. I also love woodlands but without that little blue flower its impossible to create something I hold dear. Thats why this goes top of my wishlist! Please?

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
This bluebell display is at Roland's Wood, a wood left to the dogs of Kerikeri by an expat Englishman. I'd never seen them before in such profusion. Absolutely gorgeous.

image.jpeg

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
A truly glorious sight and one I remember well from my childhood when my friends and I used to make the long trek (for us) to the nearest park to pick them or just sit there, savouring the sight of them. Indeed, they were probably the first flower I learned about, along with the faerie lore which goes with them. Sad to say, they all disappeared when the local council decided to 'improve' the area by leveling the grounds and laying down woodchip to make walking easier for visitors. Overall they are becoming scarce all over the country as our woodlands disappear. As your photographs prove, their loss would be a national shame!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
The woodland in my photo is not a natural one, being 12,000 miles from its creator's former home, but it is proof that one person can make a difference. I am very sad to hear that the real woods are disappearing in his homeland. It is a national shame.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
We've sometimes had a similar display out here. But out here, it's generally lupine which provides it. Haven't had the proper conditions to bring them out for it for years though.