• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Wip Butterfly collector´s utils

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I am working now in a set for Ken´s Nature´s wonders Moths.
The idea is a set of display and tools for Butterfly´s collectors.
This way they can show the beautiful moths in the walls...and prepare them for it.
My point is that one can collect moths or butterflies without hunt and kill them...their life is short and i think you can search for dead ones that still are in good condition to keep...this will be the mesage involved on this...so i will try to do a short story to show it to children (and adults too)

here a little bit of what i have done ...the textures are not the ones i will use..the ones in the pics are some of poser included..only for testing the models...i will do mine.

Display wip.png

Spreading tool wip.png

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, I'm liking the frame idea in the first render. A very nice idea for hanging on a wall. :)

You can even have 2 or 3 in a cluster. ;)

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
thanks! :)
i will try to do some different textures to choose for the frame and the base.
I was thinking on make too the option to post labels under each one...but since the moths have variety of sizes it would have to load in a default pose and the artist need to move to the right place.
A label on the frame is used too...so it can be an option too...i will see!
I have to make tweezers and some other little utils used on this...but at least i started it lol!