• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

when is tonight?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
We are planning to import this forum into the new software tonight. We are not sure how long the import process will take but should be using the new forum tomorrow.

is this my tonight?

do we have a date and proper time for those that don't reside in the USA?

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Tonight as in the time of day for where our business and server are located, which by now you are familiar with.

Beginning within the hour and ending sometime in the next several hours.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I edited the notice and reset it so that you will see it again if you've dismissed it. It's not happening tonight. My apologies for the interruption.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
lol..

TBH I have no idea where in the USA HW3D is .. but the new date and time will help me when I google it ..

thankyou ;)

robert952

Brilliant
lol..

TBH I have no idea where in the USA HW3D is .. but the new date and time will help me when I google it ..

thankyou ;)
Of course, Stezza, we in the US do weird stuff around Daylight Savings Times. Some cities close the time zone borders don't 'Spring Forward' or 'Fall Back' with their clocks. They just declare that they are in a different time zone. So,

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Does anybody really care?
I can't imagine why...

(Oh, ok, airlines, train schedules and such might care a little bit.)

Any other country use Daylight Savings Time? DST is such an archaic concept I keep wondering when someone will wise up and make it go away.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Of course, Stezza, we in the US do weird stuff around Daylight Savings Times. Some cities close the time zone borders don't 'Spring Forward' or 'Fall Back' with their clocks. They just declare that they are in a different time zone. So,

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Does anybody really care?
I can't imagine why...

(Oh, ok, airlines, train schedules and such might care a little bit.)

Any other country use Daylight Savings Time? DST is such an archaic concept I keep wondering when someone will wise up and make it go away.

Then there's this: A Norwegian island where the sun doesn't set in the summer wants to be the world's first time-free zone

Stezza

Dances with Bees
HW is based in Utah.

In the map below it's UT (in the dark Coral colored section - 2nd section from the left):
USA time zones map with current local time 12 hour format

Thanks @Alisa
if you showed me a blank map and gave me a pin to put where I thought Utah was I would of missed by heaps lol

we only know places in USA from the names in songs but not their locations... don't ask me where Phoenix is, by the time I work it out she'll be rising.. and don't ask me to take you home by country roads 'cause we'll never get to West Virginia.. but I'd love to take a ride on the Deadwood Stage like a homing pigeon hankering after it's nest..

and don't even ask me to spell Masachewsets!

so, did the update happen?.. is the date now shown not the right date... ~ confused Aussie ~

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Lisa's mentioned in the top of the page under "Forum Upgrade Tonight"

Sunday, June 23, 2019, 11pm EST. We were planning to import this forum into the new software tonight, however, it's not going to happen just yet. We hope to be using the new forum software by the end of the week.

You'll know when it happens as the look is a going to be a bit different than the current forums.

LOL - Yeah, I figured it would be next to impossible to figure out which was Utah ;). Hard enough for us in the States to know what's where ;). Even more fun to figure it out by the state abbreviations!

FYI
* Phoenix is in Arizona (AZ) Just below Utah (Phoenix is actually on there :))
*West Virginia - State almost all the way on the East (right) side of the country labeled WV
*Deadwood Stage (I admit I had to look this up) line went from Cheyenne, Wyoming (WY, just above Utah) to Deadwood, South Dakota (SD, above and to the right of that)
*Massachusetts

:)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
being inquisitive I just checked out Utah on Google Earth...

There's nothing there! ... lol

utah.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
just noticed with the updated forum the HW3d icon in my Fav bar gets lit up to notify me... :cool: :wow:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I noticed that a while ago, though I don't have a "favorites" setup. It's nice because you don't necessarily have to be on the front page of the forum, or in the same "tab" in your browser, to get that notice. Very cool. I can see it if I happen to be checking email, or another forum in other tabs, so very cool. ;)