• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What has HaiGan been up to?

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Hi all.

I have been offline a while, and seem to have missed a lot (any update on Lisa?). I'm not back yet, really, although I will try to get my products online at Renderosity.

So what has happened? I have moved! Moved to a croft (like a smallholding or small homestead) in Scotland. There is currently no mains electricity connection, nor a phone line, and the mobile phone signal is weak and strongly affected by bad weather. This very much limits both my ability to run a computer and my ability to access the Internet. I am only able to access one of my email accounts very infrequently (when the stars align... well, when I run my big fuel-hungry generator to power the UPS to drive the desktop, which is normally stored with everything disconnected in boxes to guard against damp, frost and mice). Unfortunately that is the email account connected to my Hivewire stuff. If you've been trying unsuccessfully to get hold of me, that's why.

The latest news on getting connected up for electricity is that they will give me a quote (not do the work, just give me a price for it) no later than April 5th. The phone company cancelled their last appointment regarding the installation of a line, and have yet to tell me when the new appointment will be.

I am living in a touring caravan while working to restore the Croft house to a livable condition. It is a lovely old house (built some time before 1840) and deserves some tlc.

I will not realistically be getting back to work on any current work in progress or starting any new projects until I have a reliable electricity supply. I'm currently setting up solar panels but those are only suitable for smaller loads such as lighting.

I'm thinking of you all, and sending kind thoughts and good wishes to anyone who needs them. Once the pandemic is under control, and lockdown lifted, and I have indoor plumbing installed, if you are ever up in the far North East of Scotland you are welcome to drop by! There's a lovely view! 20201223_141056.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi - congrats on the move, and it does look lovely up there.

Just looking at the question about Lisa made me cry (not your fault). See this link:
Prayers for Lisa

There are a number of emails from me :). Whatever method of contacting works, please do contact me. Maybe pms here would work?

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I am glad you hear that you are getting settled in. I know you were really looking forward to it. I'll be around when you get back!