1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome HiveWire Sora for Dawn

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Chris

Chris HW3D President Co-Founder

Welcome our new character "HiveWire Sora For Dawn".

So many of us love the Anime genre, and the stylized look that is generated from this category of art. It certainly has quite a wide range of looks that gives it a unique appeal. The HiveWire team recognizes the value of this style, and very much wanted to create our stylized take on it all. We're happy to present to you our Sora character for Dawn. The official product name is "HiveWire Sora For Dawn", but if you just want to call her Sora that is great with us. The Japanese word Sora originates from the word sky. Sora fits in nicely with our human figure line up of Dawn, Dusk and Baby Luna. It is our plan to create the male companion to Sora in the future, so please know this is definitely part of process. Also worth mentioning here, we generated several names for this character and presented those to this community in a poll, and Sora is the outcome of those that voted.

We thank all involved in this creation process. We thank Virtual World for her gorgeous texture map work for Sora. She's created a beautiful porcelain skin for Sora to add a great look for her, with several make up and eye color options included. We're providing this stunning texture map as a merchant resource as well. We see this as a definite added bonus for content creators. We thank Paul Lessard of CGCubed for rigging Sora, converting her to work equally as well in Poser 10 and above, and DAZ Studio 4.8. Paul also set up the shaders, textures and materials for the Sora Tenacity Action Wear that I modeled. We thank our Beta, and QAV teams for their earnest and dedicated efforts. Lastly we thank this community that supports us, and keeps us going so that we can create more content. We thank you for your input for Sora, not only for her name, but also with your ideas for thoughts on shaping, and morphs to make her more valuable.

YAY SORA!!!

11422-sora-for-dawn-fp002.jpg
    sora-for-dawn-main.jpg sora-for-dawn-pop01.jpg sora-for-dawn-pop02.jpg sora-for-dawn-pop03.jpg sora-for-dawn-pop04.jpg sora-for-dawn-pop05.jpg sora-for-dawn-pop06.jpg sora-for-dawn-pop07.jpg sora-for-dawn-pop08.jpg

2. Tempesta3d

Tempesta3d Crazy Cat Lady Contributing Artist

I totally adore her! Totally!!!

Chris likes this.
  3. Chris

4. Chris

Hey there Tempesta. So you know, I shared one of your beautiful images of your Minako for Sora in the Sora image thread.

Love your work!

Tempesta3d likes this.
  5. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

love LOVE LOVE HER!!!!!!!!

Chris likes this.
  6. FairyFantastic

FairyFantastic Energetic

congrats on the realese

Chris likes this.
  7. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

YAY! Lots of effort from lots of us putting this together, so hope you all love her!

Rae134 likes this.
  8. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Congrats on Sora's arrival...

9. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

WOOT!! :D

10. DigiDotz

DigiDotz Adventurous

;-) Congrats to all !

11. RobZhena

RobZhena Eager

She's gorgeous and bought! Now I can stop going to the anime Dawn thread just to sigh again because there was no release date.

Tempesta3d and Chris like this.
  12. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Oh yeah. Absolutely LOVE Sora!

13. Chris

Ha, that's a bit sad then what we put you thru. But oh so awesome that she's now available for all!

Yes, sweet! Thanks for your support.

Tempesta3d likes this.
  14. Virtual_World

Virtual_World Enthusiast Contributing Artist

Congratulations Chris, Paul and the rest of the team! A great addition for sure!!! Always a pleasure to work with all of you!

Very beautiful character Tempesta3d!

Happy rendering everyone!!!!!

Tempesta3d and Chris like this.
  15. Chris

Sure grateful to you for the gorgeous map work and product imagery. Thank you so much for your wonderful talents VW!

Virtual_World likes this.
  16. RAMWolff

RAMWolff Wolff Playing with Beez! Contributing Artist

Congrats on the release folks! She's a cutie pie!

17. Virtual_World

buzzy_carrying_flower_md_wht.gif You are welcome!

Chris likes this.
  18. LisaB

LisaB HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee Co-Founder

Fantastic work by all! I'm so grateful to work with such able and talented people! I love Sora's unique look and the combination of Chris' sculpting and VirtualWorld textures. Just beautiful! I look forward to seeing her show up in everyone's artistic creations!

19. Virtual_World

Thank you Lisa!!!!

LisaB likes this.
  20. Art_of_Mind

Art_of_Mind Engaged Contributing Artist

Chris Creek, CG Cubed and Virtual World, congratulations to you all! You all worked very hard on this for a long time. We wish you all great success with Sora.

Chris, Virtual_World and LisaB like this.