• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Weird eyes

CNorth

Enthusiast
Hi, I hope someone can help out here. I have this issue with eyes on Dawn, Diva and Luna when I render in SuperFly
eyes.PNG
(sorry about the bad clip, she is partially in shadow). I have tried Non SSS eyes, SSS eyes, fiddling with the settings - but it comes back to this every time. No issues what so ever in FireFly.

Ideas, tips?

CNorth

Enthusiast
But when I run EZSkin3 it says Dawn is not supported. I can select Pauline or Legacy. Any tips?

CNorth

Enthusiast
Nevermind, I think I figured it out :D

Any chance that you will be making Superfly eyes like you have done for V4 and LaFemme?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Actually, there's a free shader for LaFemme over at Renderosity by ghostship2. Unfortunately, we can't add live links to other stores here on the HiveWire forum, so just go to Renderosity, and search for him in the Freestuff area.

He also has a another shader for Generation 4 (V4) characters at ShareCG where he's listed as bpmorton777.

I'd also recommend his Poser11 Super PBR Shader that he has at both Renderosity, and ShareCG. A whole group of different shaders that are really nice to work with.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I thought if you have the current Poser 11 that the Dawn included with P11 came with Superfly MATs? (Might have to apply them manually as she still might load into the scene with FF Mats). I could be wrong...I pretty much only render critters:)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That may be true Laurie, but since I already had Dawn, Dusk and Luna installed, I didn't install any of those files that came with P11. I'll have to check those downloads and see.

I also never use the default Dawn, even when beta testing, so I'm always using the textures that come with the character sets I have for Dawn.

Edited to Add: OK, I just checked the HW Dawn zip file which comes with P11, and there aren't any FF and SF specific materials for Dawn. There's only one set of materials for each of the eye colors.

Hornet3d

Wise
There are a few aspects of Firefly materials the Superfly does not like but the one that seems to always be a major problem is the Alternate Specular, which blows out the material making it appear ghostly white. TYhe first thing I do when using a Firefly materinal in Superfly is dosconnect the Alternate Specular for that very reason.

CNorth

Enthusiast
Actually, there's a free shader for LaFemme over at Renderosity by ghostship2. Unfortunately, we can't add live links to other stores here on the HiveWire forum, so just go to Renderosity, and search for him in the Freestuff area.

He also has a another shader for Generation 4 (V4) characters at ShareCG where he's listed as bpmorton777.

I'd also recommend his Poser11 Super PBR Shader that he has at both Renderosity, and ShareCG. A whole group of different shaders that are really nice to work with.
Yes, I have seen that - and the V4 too. They are stunning - and I would love the same for Dawn and I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask :D
Got the shaders, they certainly are a must-have! As much as I love Poser, the default shaders really are meh.

CNorth

Enthusiast
There are a few aspects of Firefly materials the Superfly does not like but the one that seems to always be a major problem is the Alternate Specular, which blows out the material making it appear ghostly white. TYhe first thing I do when using a Firefly materinal in Superfly is dosconnect the Alternate Specular for that very reason.
Thank you! I will test that option, it certainly seems easier than all the other things I tried before walking away or the computer would have gone flying out the window :D