• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Web page creation...ugh!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm trying to get some html pages for downloads to Antonia Polygon's free stuff but keep doing something wrong...sigh.
For some reason the text just keeps getting bigger and bigger as I scroll down the page after uploading to the site.

That annoys me, yes it does!
I used to do this html stuff easy but now it is hard. :mad:

I'm using Microsoft Expression Web 4 which is free as AceHTML kept acting out and shutting down.
Anyone know what I may be doing wrong?

If I get this working I want to do a special page on my site for my HivwWire 3d images with links to the store. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I can take a look at it for you F_L, but I don't have the site's link handy.

BTW, I've never used any M$ software for creating HTML pages, even though they state you can use Word to do so. I've always found they add code that's totally unnecessary. You could use a plain text editor like Notepad+, or what I often use for quick fixes and writing up notes for myself, NoteTab Light. It's the free version, though their Standard and Pro versions aren't very expensive, but the Light version is nice to work with.

Post the link, and I'll take a quick look between my other projects. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I've not seen that before, so I'll check the code and see.

It's also way too wide, so I'm wondering if you have a very large monitor, and you're trying to get it to go edge to edge. On my laptop, I have to scroll all the way across from side to side. Then again, it may just be something in the code.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thanks for looking.
Yes, I have a large monitor.
But my other sites don't act that way, just this and I know I've added something wrong but what that is I don't know.
I may just start fresh in Word and see what happens.
I want the heading for the sets to be larger than the links text or other text but it won't do it with this set.

Once I get it right I can just use it to finish the other pages of links.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I figured it out pretty quickly, but was trying to think how I'd explain it to you, and then I scrolled down to the bottom of the page and found my answer.

Anyway, the width didn't show up when I saved the page to my hard drive and checked the local copy in my browser, so at first thought it was a server glitch, but it's not.

If you look down at the bottom of the page, you'll see a whooooooooooooole row of closing H3 tags. You need to close each of the header lines at the end of each line. The reason those are getting larger and larger, is they are one within another, within another, and so forth, so they're taking what style you set up for the first one and making it that much bigger the next time around, and so on, and so forth.

Remove all those and go to each one on the page and end each of the H3 tags right at the end of what's contained in them. Then that silly resizing will end.

As far as using Word, I wouldn't recommend it. Here's a link to the NoteTab plain text editor I mentioned above --> NoteTab – A Prize-Winning Text Editor and HTML Editor You can use it for anything you would use Windows Notepad for, but it's much better/easier to work with. If you like what you see, click the Download menu link at the top, and you'll see where it says NoteTab Light (Freeware) on the left. I have that because I absolutely hate Notepad. I don't usually use this to create HTML page, as I have a full fuctioning HTML editor, but it's not free. This is good for quick changes, and writing up notes when I'm testing things, or making notes for myself when I start learning a new piece of software. I think you'll like it. ;)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oh, I do have that one. somehow I always forget.
i'll try that and see how it goes, thanks.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I like it because you can have several pages open, one in each tab, and then close it, and it'll remember and reopen the same pages again. I have about a dozen files I keep open in NoteTab all the time, because I'm always referring to them.

It doesn't have the kind of GUI that AceHTML has, but for simple code you're typing in anyway, you don't need it for simple pages like the ones you are trying to set up.

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
Thank you Faery Light. I do like Antonia and I picked up her morphs and some other add ons previously. I sort of doubt if that stuff will migrate over. Are you making an Antonia website? I think that would be nice.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have her entire site on my web site, just don'y know php to make it work, that is why I just did an html site of links only.
If some one ever wants to take over hosting the entire site I will be more than happy to let them do so.
My health is starting to decline more and it is too much for me to handle re-doing it.
The thing to remember is she is free and under a creative commons license, so she can be altered or whatever.
I made quite a dew textures for her and the links are there, most are for the first work on her model but feel free to alter to fit the new one.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Do you have FTP?
If so I can just give you the ftp address and password to the site on my server and you can get them as you need them..
My problem is getting the whole site to work since it is PHP and I am a dummy on that. :roflmao:

Vanish

Motivated
Thanks for the welcome. :) (Miss B isn't by chance formerly Hat B?)

I can certainly FTP. PHP is my day job so I'm sure I can make it work.

Last edited: