• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Trumarcar - things to come - WIPs

trumarcar

Inspired
Some ideas have been buzzing around my head (there is plenty of room in there) for a while. One is a christening robe for Baby Luna. There are some other ideas for clothes, but I thought it would be worth posting this here, to find out if it is of interest as there was a lovely giveaway of a christening outfit at Christmas time. Just some screen grabs

promodemo3.jpg

promodemo2.jpg

promodemo4.jpg

promodemo1.jpg

This one is basically two long robes, with two underskirts, for lots of different effects. One has long sleeves, with three-layered cuffs. The other is a short-puff-sleeved robe. There are separate oversleeves to use with the long-sleeved robe, a long bow, a collar and two bonnets. One bonnet is a close version with tie and the other has a frilled edge.

Are they worth continuing with? The clothes parts in colour are the add-on pieces. (Of course, the headband is part of Baby Luna).

Here is a pic of some of the proposed mats:-

promodemo5.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes. Most definitely worth continuing!

We haven't reached a point of saturation with Baby Luna, Dusk, or Dawn clothing!

trumarcar

Inspired
That is good news! Thank you very much for the replies - feeling heartened now.:)
I will keep working on this. I have to confess that I have never worked on rigging in DS before, so it may take a while before this is ready for Poser and DS.

I am working on another outfit too and will post some pics when it is fit to post!;)

trumarcar

Inspired
Well, that hadn't occurred to me, but why not - I will have a think about how to do it?
Thanks for the idea!:)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Love it and if it has different material zones for the length it would be a very useful outfit. With the right textures it could be a short dress for casual or party wear. This would be an instant buy but it may end up on my Diva just as much as Luna...but then sisters always pinch each others clothing.

trumarcar

Inspired
Again, I hadn't thought of different material zones, but have made them for other dresses and as you said, Pendraia, they are very useful, so will add them to this.
Glad you like the colours, Miss B. Yellow is my favourite and this room has yellow walls. It is supposed to aid brainwork apparently and I need all the help I can get!
I will go to the forum to look into this, thank you Alisa
.:)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks for that...I can see this make a really nice short party dress with a lace collar.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
That's really pretty, Trumancar, and I love the yellow. Different material zones for the length would make it a winner :)

trumarcar

Inspired
Thank you Alisa and I really don't think you need yellow walls!! :giggle:

Well, it looks as though the material zones have it! I will add them to this as I go.

Sunfire - did you have any ideas in mind for the "boy version" of this?
Would a short top and pants in the same style be a good idea? Or not?

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thank you Alisa and I really don't think you need yellow walls!! :giggle:

Well, it looks as though the material zones have it! I will add them to this as I go.

Sunfire - did you have any ideas in mind for the "boy version" of this?
Would a short top and pants in the same style be a good idea? Or not?

It might, or you could do a web search of Christening clothes for boys.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
If you're going traditional, the 2nd version shown would probably do just fine for a boy. Maybe turn the cuffs off. But not necessarily even that. Up to something like the 1830s or '40s boys were dressed in skirts until they were potty-trained.

For that matter, Sweetpea in the old Popeye cartoons was always depicted in something like the 2nd gown with the ruffles turned off. Only his was probably red flannel.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And Sweetpea's gown was gathered at the bottom. Or at least all the little Sweetpea gowns I had for my daughter had the string to gather the bottom closed.