• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Trouble With Media Albums

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Since the switch to the newer forums I cannot seem to access the advanced privacy settings for any new media albums. I have tried on Waterfox and on Google Chrome. The media center will only let me upload images to an existing album or create a new one - but every time I try to create an album it is locked so only I can view it. Can anyone help me resolve this? Maybe help me find where the hidden control has gone?

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
As far as I recall, by default, new albums are created so only you can view them. After you create it, you can then change the privacy settings.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
How though? I can not find a way to change it or access the settings for it. I knew where it was and how to access it prior to the recent software update but now the controls have moved or vanished. The help thread explaining it shows controls from the pre-update forum that no longer appear where they are shown.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I only have 3 renders in my album, as I have them all over the forums, or my gallery at Renderosity, so haven't checked in a long time, but I just looked, and you're right. I don't see any way to change any options to an existing album. Very weird.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I will look into it later today or tomorrow morning. Thanks for reporting.

LeeMoon

Inspired
I've been adding a few renders into my media album the past few weeks. I don't know how to make the album public. It could be I'm incredibly dense. :)

If the feature doesn't work, I'll just delete them to free up space on the HW3D host system.

Lee

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hey Lee, I'm not sure how you can make it public once it's created, as I can't seem to make mine public either. I think it's something you can do when you initially create it.

That said, I think Lisa would be the only one who would have the ability to make it public, so I'll point her to your post, and see if she can find out if it's at all possible for us to do so ourselves once an album has been established.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks Lisa, now there's a Change Privacy link that opens up options for folks to choose from. ;)