• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

This Ain't Rocket Science...WIP thread

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
This a project I started before I came to Hivewire. I promised myself I'd finish it if I could. It's a scifi/anime sort of thing for Cookie. The modeling is done mostly done (I've got an idea for a prop to finish off the look still to do). I'm working on the textures now. I've got five sets for the hair completed. The textures for the outfit has been giving me fits, but I think I'm getting that under control. I've still got to working on the rigging. I've been doing too much weightmapping. The traditional rigging is a pain. Anyway, here for your approval (or not) is a first look at Rockette for Cookie. :)

Rockette Blue 3.jpg Rockette Blue 4.jpg Rockette Blue 2.jpg Rockette Blue 1.jpg

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Thanks, all. I've got at least two more texture sets to do, and then the hard stuff starts. :)

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
OK. I just had a thought. You ever had one of those 'can't see the forest for the trees' moments? I think I just did. Sorry to be so cryptic, but I have a thought. I'll get back to you in a day or two. Heh, heh. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We'll be sitting here waiting with anticipation to see what you come up with. ;)

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
OK, it's been longer than a couple of days, but I'm still working. I've had to stop a restart a few times, but I've got this one under my skin, and I can't stop now. I'll either finish the idea or crash and burn. Should know in a few days barring real life. :)

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Thanks for your patience. :) I made some good progress last night. It's coming along.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
OK. I really like the Cookie outfit, and I plan to finish it (it's mostly done anyway), but an idea flashed into my brain for Dawn. Originally, I thought I would just fit the Cookie outfit to Dawn and go from there, but that didn't work. :( The good news is that failure started me on a another track that's turned out even better (I think).

I've been trying to think of something to do for Dawn, since I'm here. :) This new outfit seems to fit the bill. What do you think?

ScreenHunter_280 Apr. 01 00.25.jpg

ScreenHunter_281 Apr. 01 00.25.jpg

ScreenHunter_282 Apr. 01 00.26.jpg

ScreenHunter_283 Apr. 01 00.26.jpg

ScreenHunter_284 Apr. 01 00.26.jpg

I like to make things for multiple uses if I can. This one can be worn as only the body suit with boots attached. You can wear it without the jacket or even just wear the armor bits. The armor bits are big enough that you could probably use them on another outfit without too much trouble.

I've only just finished the modeling. I've got mapping, rigging and texturing to do yet. I also plan to do hair for it since the helmet leaves the top or her head exposed. I'm going to try for a more realistic version of the Cookie hair I did above.