• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The new girls in Pixie Hollow

seachnasaigh

Energetic
I've added these three Dell C1100 server blades to the Pixie Hollow network.:D They each have two X5675 Xeon processors (HyperThreaded hex core @ 3.06GHz) and 48GB RAM. $325 each. I added an OEM Win7Pro license and a 256GB SSD to each.
They are (top to bottom) Polyhymnia, Miranda, and Cassiopeia.
Polyhymnia Cassiopeia Miranda 1200x660.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Geeze, I am sooooo jealous! Oh, and I love the names you come up with for your "gals". ;)

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Good names. I always name my disks (not always that creatively) so that I can tell which disk I'm looking at because sometimes the computer rearranges things.
And yeah, jealous of the big machine. Good luck with it!

seachnasaigh

Energetic
I always name my disks (not always that creatively) so that I can tell which disk I'm looking at because sometimes the computer rearranges things.
Heh heh; I do that too!:p I leave C: drive as-is, but my runtimes and project folders (holding scenes, Silo build files, renders) go on Projects. Downloaded software installers, downloaded content, and tutorials go on Vault.

Geeze, I am sooooo jealous! Oh, and I love the names you come up with for your "gals". ;)

Every time the network boots up, the IP addresses are assigned randomly, so naming is the best way to tell them apart. If I see a notice that Freyja's render engine has crashed, I know exactly which machine to go to. By the way, Cameron is not named after the movie director; she's named after the female terminator character played by Summer Glau:
Cameron-Terminator-cameron-phillips-terminator-scc-12726986-800-600.jpg Cameron-Terminator - cropped 900x1200.jpg

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
I named a flaky drive "Denethor" (after the mad dude in LotR) and yeah, it's dead now......