The new girls in Pixie Hollow

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by seachnasaigh, May 16, 2018.

1. seachnasaigh

seachnasaigh Engaged

I've added these three Dell C1100 server blades to the Pixie Hollow network.:D They each have two X5675 Xeon processors (HyperThreaded hex core @ 3.06GHz) and 48GB RAM. $325 each. I added an OEM Win7Pro license and a 256GB SSD to each.
    They are (top to bottom) Polyhymnia, Miranda, and Cassiopeia.
    Polyhymnia Cassiopeia Miranda 1200x660.jpg

2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Geeze, I am sooooo jealous! Oh, and I love the names you come up with for your "gals". ;)

3. Rowan54

Rowan54 Dragon Queen Contributing Artist

Good names. I always name my disks (not always that creatively) so that I can tell which disk I'm looking at because sometimes the computer rearranges things.
    And yeah, jealous of the big machine. Good luck with it!

4. seachnasaigh

seachnasaigh Engaged

Heh heh; I do that too!:p I leave C: drive as-is, but my runtimes and project folders (holding scenes, Silo build files, renders) go on Projects. Downloaded software installers, downloaded content, and tutorials go on Vault.

Every time the network boots up, the IP addresses are assigned randomly, so naming is the best way to tell them apart. If I see a notice that Freyja's render engine has crashed, I know exactly which machine to go to. By the way, Cameron is not named after the movie director; she's named after the female terminator character played by Summer Glau:
    Cameron-Terminator-cameron-phillips-terminator-scc-12726986-800-600.jpg Cameron-Terminator - cropped 900x1200.jpg

jk79238 likes this.
  5. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

I didn't think so. ;)

6. Rowan54

Rowan54 Dragon Queen Contributing Artist

I named a flaky drive "Denethor" (after the mad dude in LotR) and yeah, it's dead now......

7. seachnasaigh

seachnasaigh Engaged

How apropos! lol.gif