• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sukka for Dawn

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So... there was mention made a while ago of a possible companion Dawn character to go with Nataani.

She's still morphs-only. I won't be able to even begin on her skin texture until I have a bunch of other projects done first. But I do think these morphs are a good match for Nataani...

Meet Sukka. :)

Sukka 01.png

Sukka 02.png

And a quick comparison of her morphs next to Nataani. Yes, she's rather short. But then so is he! LOL

Sukka 03.png

Sukka 04.png

So... consider this a quick sneak-peak. Sukka at the moment is morphs only. I'm working on some stuff for Glitter, and I have a couple other things that I need to finish in addition to those items. But once that's done, I'll begin working on her skin textures. :)

And as both the DS and Poser versions of Nataani did fairly well, YES, I will be doing both Poser-native and DS-native versions of Sukka as well.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
YAY!!! I like her Seliah. She's definitely a good match-up for Nataani. :D

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love love love her!

What skin are you using on her now? It looks really good on her.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
YAY!!! I like her Seliah. She's definitely a good match-up for Nataani. :D

I think so, too. Nataani came out somewhat looking a bit Aleut in the face and body shape, so I went that route with Sukka.

I love love love her!

What skin are you using on her now? It looks really good on her.

Actually, this is the default skin that comes with Dawn SR2/original Dawn. As I frequently render darker skinned (though not African) characters, I often tend to fall back on the default skin that Dawn shipped with, because the other skins I have for her are rather pale Caucasians. And the store here only really has the one African character... and frankly, since the morphs are Poser-only and do not function in Daz Studio, I've never bought it because I would make use of the African morph as mixer-morphs more than anything else.

So when I need a brown or medium-toned skin, I fall back on Dawn's default, because with a couple of minor material changes, that skin can be a pretty good approximation of anything from middle eastern, to central asia, to native american/first nations. And as Sukka is meant to be more of a PNW or Arctic/SubArctic type, she needed the more brownish skintone, so I pulled out the default Dawn skin. It really is a gorgeous skin still. And it's very versatile. I actually use it the most out of all of my Dawn skins. (I do like Tempesta's eyes better, though I did not apply any of her eye textures in this case.)

So... yeah. Sukka at the moment (in these renders) is using Dawn's default SR2 skin. :)

ooo i like her tooo

I love her. She's a nice curvy lady! Great face!

Thanks. ^_^ Pacific Northwest/Arctic/SubArctic ladies tend to be a bit thicker and curvier. ;) Not always, but very frequently. I actually have a similar body shape to what's here on Sukka myself, because of my own bloodlines. I'm just a bit heavier than than what's seen on Dawn here, because well... babies. LOL

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
She's a great companion character for Nataani, Seliah, I really like her. She is a real individual beauty.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've never used the old Dawn as I use SE because she's already set up for Iray but I think I might have to give her a go (not to mention I rarely use people at all anyway :D)

Your girl has the sweetest face, I can't wait to see where you go with her and she'll be quickly in my shopping cart or at least my wishlist.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've never used the old Dawn as I use SE because she's already set up for Iray but I think I might have to give her a go (not to mention I rarely use people at all anyway :D)

Oh, I loaded the DawnSE figure, and Sukka here DOES indeed make use of some of the SE face morphs. I just simply loaded the default Dawn SR2 skin onto her, is all. :)

Your girl has the sweetest face, I can't wait to see where you go with her and she'll be quickly in my shopping cart or at least my wishlist.

LOL - I have a few ideas in mind... I just can't begin working on the skin itself yet. I really need to get the other projects finished first... but I wanted to give a little peek at her. These were all quick test renders. There's a couple of spots on her face that I need to fine tune the morphs on yet - but again, that will come once I've gotten a few irons out of my fire here. :D

She's a great companion character for Nataani, Seliah, I really like her. She is a real individual beauty.

:thankyou: At least they look like they come from the same sort of ethnic stock! Or at least, I think they do. Dusk's nose doesn't like to cooperate with these types of ethnic features at all, otherwise Nataani's own nose would have been a smidge more broad. But he came out okay, too, and I think this girl will also.

Hopefully she's not as stubborn about leaving the nest as he was!! :rofl: