• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Song Bird Remix Motherhood

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I found the Song Bird Remix Motherhood in my Daz library which meant I got it when it was at Daz. I noticed an issue the hatching egg has in the latest version of Daz Studio that does not happen in Poser. Basically the egg in Daz Studio will not hatch. The Poser render shows what it needs to do.
NewBornBird.png

Trying to show what happens in Daz Studio to show how messed up it is.
eggfail.png

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Motherhood was written originally for DAZ Studio 2.3. Back then, it was all about Poser compatibility-- since then, that compatibility relationship has been strained as DAZ Studio came into its own.

The "Hatchable" Egg replies to the "Bend" control in the Properties Tab of Poser being turned off on each Body part. This allows each body part to move independently of each other without affecting adjoining pieces. Even though "Bend" is turned off when loaded in the most recent version DAZ Studio, the program appears to be ignoring the command.

I tried numerous easy fixes but can't see a way to correct this issue short of creating a new native DAZ Studio version (that is part of my big SBRM update plan). If someone else, who is familiar with DS rigging, has a quick fix approach... I'm all ears, but I think the only to get it to work in DS is to pull apart the parts of the model and save them as separate .objs. Then, I'll assemble it as a Poser prop and then write it as a .duf. Props and Figures in DAZ Studio look and operate the same with the big exception of joint bending (props don't have joint bending).

I will add this to my update sooner list.

Last edited:

Riccardo

Adventurous
Motherhood was written originally for DAZ Studio 2.3. Back then, it was all about Poser compatibility-- since then, that compatibility relationship has been strained as DAZ Studio came into its own.

The "Hatchable" Egg replies to the "Bend" control in the Properties Tab of Poser being turned off on each Body part. This allows each body part to move independently of each other without affecting adjoining pieces. Even though "Bend" is turned off when loaded in the most recent version DAZ Studio, the program appears to be ignoring the command.

I tried numerous easy fixes but can't see a way to correct this issue short of creating a new native DAZ Studio version (that is part of my big SBRM update plan). If someone else, who is familiar with DS rigging, has a quick fix approach... I'm all ears, but I think the only to get it to work in DS is to pull apart the parts of the model and save them as separate .objs. Then, I'll assemble it as a Poser prop and then write it as a .duf. Props and Figures in DAZ Studio look and operate the same with the big exception of joint bending (props don't have joint bending).

I will add this to my update sooner list.
Please @Ken, if you do new versions, do not remove the old ones that are known to work in oldest versions of the programs. I always like to be able to use content in as many programs as possible :)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
There will be a free update at Hivewire with all the trimmings (fixes, improvements and Iray, 3Delight, Firefly and Superfly compatibility) for all those who purchased here or at the other place later this summer. If you haven't done so, I do have a transfer program that allows you to move your previous purchases of my products from the other place to your Hivewire3D account.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
There will be a free update at Hivewire with all the trimmings (fixes, improvements and Iray, 3Delight, Firefly and Superfly compatibility) for all those who purchased here or at the other place later this summer. If you haven't done so, I do have a transfer program that allows you to move your previous purchases of my products from the other place to your Hivewire3D account.
How does that work?