• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Smartphone

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Wel, I finally got myself a smartphone and am playing around with it. Can you all read this message well?

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Wóóóhóóóttt! I'm getting really smartphone savvy! My 17-year old niece can be proud of her two old aunties.
I'm spotified, whatsapped and everything LOL
Just my plan of taking a subscription to a audio-book app is of course "for old people" and I had to turn of auto-correct.
When you talk to people online in multiple languages that can get a bit embarressing.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hopefully your screen is large enough if your going to try to read on your phone hon. I can't do that for very long hence why I have a tablet (Samsung 10.2" and a 12.1") which gives you nice text size options for old eyes like ours! Glad your loving the phone.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hopefully your screen is large enough if your going to try to read on your phone hon. I can't do that for very long hence why I have a tablet (Samsung 10.2" and a 12.1") which gives you nice text size options for old eyes like ours! Glad your loving the phone.

Yep., mine is a 10" Kindle, I don't think I could read a book on a smartphone for more than a couple of minutes.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, my tablet is a 10" as well, though not a Kindle, and I find it easy enough to read with, as most paperback books are a good deal smaller, and the tablet allows me to resize the text whenever I want. ;)

I also reversed the colors so the text is white on a black background, so glare isn't as much a problem as the standard black on white color setup.

McGyver

Energetic
Hey Pommerlis! I can read your post perfectly...
Which is amazing, considering how illiterate I am.
Congratulations on obtaining a smartphone...
See, these devices are not just for instagram addicted kids and tweeting egomaniacs...
You can use them for lots of other things.
I sometimes use mine to write story stuff or notes when I'm not home or can't use my tablet.
Mine is an older iPhone, but I don't have problems seeing what I type on it...
Mostly because I never look at what I'm writing and also because, as I'm always being told, I "have the eyes of a twenty year old"...
Which isn't exactly true...
One is from a twenty five year old and the the other, I think is from a kangaroo...
I think he was about fifteen... It's hard to tell with kangaroos and wallabies...
Actually, I have a third eyeball I found after (coincidentally) a kangaroo robbed a liquor store I was at...
It's a long story and was thoroughly covered in one of my Readmes, but I don't carry that one around in my pocket like the other two, that one is hanging from the pull chain on one of the basement lights.
I lost the little brass ball and the eyeball was about the same size...
Well, now it's kinda shriveled up...
I hope the guy it belongs to doesn't want it back...
Anyway, I don't see how auxiliary eyeballs are supposed to help me...
What really makes reading what I write hard, is the fact that I wrote it... Who the hell wants to read that?
Which is why I try to ignore what I'm writing as much as possible.
Also whenever I write anything, predictive text and spellcheck just make everything even worse...
For example...
"I think it's time forever to have to be a half yearly subscription when he is the only thing that would have to do it against the yen and have a great way as the day after a long walk for the same thing to say it was the perfect way for me and a great way to go home penguin instead of just how much the mailbox is a good idea...."
That was me just tapping in "I think" and selecting the predictive text choices that showed up...
I guess I talk about penguins a lot.
I have problems.
But anyway, as you can see, aside from that sounding like any given speech by the current president, it really doesn't make much less sense then most of the other stuff that I write.
Which is mostly why I avoid reading my writings, so technically I could be writing on a mouse's smartphone and the text size wouldn't matter.
Do mice have smartphones?
I'm gonna look that up...
Anyway...
Congratulations on your new smartphone.
Which by the way is a very misleading term... My smartphone is neither smart nor has it made me smarter... In fact since I got it, I think I've become about 14.7% dumber...
Don't let this happen to you.
Smartphones are tools like a banana or a hammer and you shouldn't rely on them too much...
Especially not to hold the steering wheel while you climb in the back seat to find that cookie you dropped...
No... smartphones are best for taking notes and throwing at squirrels who are giving you the evil eye.
Oh, and making phone calls too...
Anyway... Good luck with this new chapter of your life...
since you are new to smartphones, here are a few important things to keep in mind...

• Never sext anyone while walking through a busy intersection.
• Never text on a unicycle.
• Don't Instagram on a trapeze.
• That Level tool app won't work if your phone case is shaped like a panda.
• Just like a pineapple or a flamethrower, a smartphone is a tool and it can never replace the real people around you... No matter how much you may want it to... Eventually you'll still have to deal with them.
• Get a good case for your phone because most are flimsy little Divaboxes and will break when you expect it least.

In my case that was while holding a bucket full of wasps and jumping into a pool... But most people just drop them or sit on them...

Anyway... That's all... good luck and have fun!

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
@McGyver :rofl:

Well I enjoyed reading that but I have one question though. A banana is not a tool is it?!

I got myself a Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) - the budget version of the S8 they told me, I can adjust the text size on there aswell. I don't have to but my wife does.

McGyver

Energetic
Well... If you follow Axel Foley's lead, a banana in the tailpipe is doing work, so technically... Yes... And frozen bananas can be used to temporarily prop a door open or stun a rat if you have good aim.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well... If you follow Axel Foley's lead, a banana in the tailpipe is doing work, so technically... Yes... And frozen bananas can be used to temporarily prop a door open or stun a rat if you have good aim.

Make sure you are ready to duck if you throw it at vermin, really curved ones have a tendency to come back, or so I have heard.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I not only can't read for long on my phone, but I also can't type for beans on it. Ask anyone on FB that I message with! I keep saying 'stupid phone' every 5 minutes! Fingers are too fleshy to use that tiny keyboard. I have an older 8" Samsung Galaxy tablet. It's easier on the eyes and fingers!

McGyver

Energetic
I not only can't read for long on my phone, but I also can't type for beans on it. Ask anyone on FB that I message with! I keep saying 'stupid phone' every 5 minutes! Fingers are too fleshy to use that tiny keyboard. I have an older 8" Samsung Galaxy tablet. It's easier on the eyes and fingers!
Yeah, I agree about the tiny keys... I usually type with the phone (and tablet) in landscape mode, so I get a bigger keyboard.
As one of my daughters says, I've got "big mushroom fingers"...