• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Dog And Puppy Renders.

Carey

Extraordinary
I have closed the Dog Accessories with a house, conforming collar with name tag, bowl with separate options for food or water. The house has a bunch of fun morphs to reshape it, like the German house shown below. I made it easy to change the dog name on the collar and house. It's a separate map, so it doesn't affect the textures. BTW, Volpe Box is making a luxury house for the dog as well. ^___^

View attachment 34910
You do realize that animal rights people consider it cruel to house your dog out side these days, but they have not reached out so far we can't get away with it digitally...lol

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
You do realize that animal rights people consider it cruel to house your dog out side these days, but they have not reached out so far we can't get away with it digitally...lol

I didn't know that. Does that mean they now demand animals to be kept indoors? That makes no sense, especially when it comes to larger breeds. Maybe these people are confusing animals with people? Or maybe that only applies to places with extreme temperatures? :)

Carey

Extraordinary
I didn't know that. Does that mean they now demand animals to be kept indoors? That makes no sense, especially when it comes to larger breeds. Maybe these people are confusing animals with people? Or maybe that only applies to places with extreme temperatures? :)
All I can say is that I live in the city, Your animals can make noise up to ten at night, after that you can get a ticket. I hear there is an ordinance for the down town area regarding out side dogs, but I have not actually read it

Carey

Extraordinary
But we are safe here, why today I beat my big dog severely with my mouse trying to get em to pose for me...lol

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Making a bandana for doggy. Still no rigging, but we can change the color to anything.

Bandana.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Finished the preliminary rigging, so now I can pose the dog with the bandana. That's when I realize that rigging for a dog has a whole new set of challenges because of the way they pose. At first, it appears that the bandana only interacts with the neck and chest, but nooooo - the dog has 3 neck bones, 2 chest, and there are also the front legs with multiple joints - each trying to take a piece of the cloth. It's a war going on there! LOL

Bandana2.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
Finished the preliminary rigging, so now I can pose the dog with the bandana. That's when I realize that rigging for a dog has a whole new set of challenges because of the way they pose. At first, it appears that the bandana only interacts with the neck and chest, but nooooo - the dog has 3 neck bones, 2 chest, and there are also the front legs with multiple joints - each trying to take a piece of the cloth. It's a war going on there! LOL

View attachment 34955
GREAT POSE

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you, guys! In this example, I have run the bandana as dynamic with it still conformed to the dog. The entire bandana is a single group, so it's just a single step. I have already configured the dynamic groups (constrained and soft choreographed) and saved them with the CR2, so you just have to set up and run the simulation. It's really easy to make it dynamic.

Bandana4.jpg